shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Go to vender for ovals

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by lauralu, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lauralu
    Brilliant_Rock

by lauralu » May 18, 2008
    Well I have been sifting through the oval threads and have yet to come across the go to vender for finding a great oval. It seems finding a beauty of an oval needs a beauty of a vender with a good eye. Would anyone care to post who they would consider the go to for ovals? I am entertaining a 1.3 to 1.5 ct set east to west in a simply solitaire. I would go as low in clarity and color as I can without eye visible inclusions and too much warmth. I would also prefer a "fat oval" as apposed to a skinny one, if that makes sense. The latest setting that has really caught my eye is one from Winks site.

http://www.winkjones.com/images/store/oval-lucida-in-platinum.jpg

2. Kaleigh
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Kaleigh » May 18, 2008
    I chose mine from GOG. Jonathon brought in 4. Made a video of them. I chose my fave, and would buy again from him in a heart beat. He really did a great job for me, and it was a pleasure working with him, from afar. If you don't care for mine, no problems, I think it's awesome and am so pleased. I'd work with Jonathon for sure, and Wink too.

3. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » May 18, 2008
    Kaleigh''s ring is gorgeous! I would go to Jonathan for an oval.

4. lauralu
    Brilliant_Rock

by lauralu » May 18, 2008
    I saw that you did in a previous post. Thanks for letting me know what a great experience you had with GOG. The whole video thing must have been so VERY helpful!!!!!!

5. Kellybell
    Shiny_Rock

by Kellybell » May 18, 2008
    I would also recommend Jonathan from Good Old Gold. He brought in 2 different ovals for us, and made a couple of videos to help us compare and decide. I think that his use of videos, especially for ovals given the bowtie issues and the need to view the stones before purchasing, is a HUGE plus. He was also super friendly and extremely helpful, and I appreciated his honest opinions on the stones since we were buying over the web.

6. somehowcollide
    Brilliant_Rock

by somehowcollide » May 18, 2008
    Laura, welcome to the oval club-isn''t it a gorgeous cut? When do you plan on getting your ring? We should definitely have a playdate [​IMG] (even if it is just a virtual one!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.