shape
carat
color
clarity

Girl Baby Names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Okay, gals. I need your opinions. I am not even pregnant yet, but I like to plan and think in advance. We already have a boy name picked out b/c I have a feeling I am going to have another boy. But I have so many girl names I love, so which is your favorite?

Anna Grace
Lillie Grace (Lillie was one great-grandmother''s name)
Ava Grace (Ava was the other great-grandmother''s name)
Ava Elisabeth
Grace Elisabeth
Emilie Ann
Audrey Elisabeth

(can you tell I like the names Grace and Elisabeth?)
Thanks, gals!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I like Lillie Grace, Ava Elisabeth, and Grace Elisabeth the best!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I like Emilie Ann (that''s my SIL''s name
1.gif
) and Audrey Elisabeth best.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Emilie Ann and Lillie Grace

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Emilie Ann. I love the name Emilie.
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ava Elisabeth and Grace Elisabeth and Lillie are my favorites!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite is Emilie Ann (but I would spell the first "Emily" rather than "ie.")

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
What about Audrey Grace? I like that.

Can I threadjack and ask if anyone knows a middle name that starts with an M that would go well with Macy? Like Macy Marie, but I can''t use Marie. Not Michelle either.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Steph, how fun! Welcome to the TTC/KTFU gang.

Personally, I love the name Audrey. I think Audrey Ann is very nice. Just to note that almost all the names you picked are VERY popular (like, top 10 or 20) right now, so you should make sure you''re comfy with little Ava/Emilie/Grace/Lillie having 10 others in her class.

My only other thought is that spelling Emilie & Lilie like that might be a burden since your future li''l girl will have to spell her name and correct people CONSTANTLY, as they will assume it is with a ''y''. Not the end of the world, but just something to keep in mind!

Courtney, what about Macy Maude? Personally, I especially love "Maude" when it is pronounced the French way. Molly is a big favourite of mine, but Macy Molly is a bit much. Macy Mae? Macy Miranda?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone thanks for all the replies. Well, I seem to be getting a lot of votes for Lillie, Grace, and Emilie. I love all those names...maybe we will have more than 1 girl and I can use more of them!

MC, it is a tradition in our family that the girl names end in ie rather than y. Also, Emily is so very common that I was trying to do something to make it a little different by using the French spelling, but I could see how annoying it would be to have to correct people all the time, so still thinking about that one.

Courtney, I am trying to think of M names that would sound good with Macy. All I could come up with is: Madelyn, Megan, Melissa, Mallory, Marissa, & Meredeth.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 12:50:30 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Steph, how fun! Welcome to the TTC/KTFU gang.

Personally, I love the name Audrey. I think Audrey Ann is very nice. Just to note that almost all the names you picked are VERY popular (like, top 10 or 20) right now, so you should make sure you''re comfy with little Ava/Emilie/Grace/Lillie having 10 others in her class.

My only other thought is that spelling Emilie & Lilie like that might be a burden since your future li''l girl will have to spell her name and correct people CONSTANTLY, as they will assume it is with a ''y''. Not the end of the world, but just something to keep in mind!

Courtney, what about Macy Maude? Personally, I especially love ''Maude'' when it is pronounced the French way. Molly is a big favourite of mine, but Macy Molly is a bit much. Macy Mae? Macy Miranda?

I know, I wish my top picks weren''t everyone else''s top picks too! Oh well, I have always loved traditional names, so I guess it just comes with the territory that they will be popular names.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 12:51:20 PM
Author: steph72276
Hi, everyone thanks for all the replies. Well, I seem to be getting a lot of votes for Lillie, Grace, and Emilie. I love all those names...maybe we will have more than 1 girl and I can use more of them!

MC, it is a tradition in our family that the girl names end in ie rather than y. Also, Emily is so very common that I was trying to do something to make it a little different by using the French spelling, but I could see how annoying it would be to have to correct people all the time, so still thinking about that one.

Courtney, I am trying to think of M names that would sound good with Macy. All I could come up with is: Madelyn, Megan, Melissa, Mallory, Marissa, & Meredeth.
How about Macy Mackenna?

Yep, the spelling name issue is a pain. I'm kind of a stickler on "weird" or unusal names, but spellings aren't as big of a deal as long as another person will know how to pronounce the name. Almost 3/4 of the little girls I know have bizarre names and I'm constantly getting them all mixed up so I often end up referring to those kids, when talking to their moms as, "your little ones." I've said names wrong and feel so bad since the moms usually end up looking annoyed. I don't even address the kids by the names. lol

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 8:52:49 AM
Author:steph72276
Okay, gals. I need your opinions. I am not even pregnant yet, but I like to plan and think in advance. We already have a boy name picked out b/c I have a feeling I am going to have another boy. But I have so many girl names I love, so which is your favorite?

Anna Grace
Ava Elisabeth
Grace Elisabeth
Emilie Ann
Audrey Elisabeth

Thanks, gals!
Loving Ava Elisabeth, Grace Elisabeth, and Lillie Grace. They are all beautiful names!!!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Indy, I thought Macy May earlier too! I think it''s adorable, but DH isn''t so sure. We actually already have a name picked out for a girl: Alila Marie. I''ve always wanted Lila Marie and DH came up with Alila. Lately I''ve been thinking how cute the name Macy is, so I was trying to come up with another M middle name. Marie is a family name and the first daughter needs to have that one. Macy Marie would''ve been really cute.

Steph, Lily Grace is a really popular name, but if you love it who cares? My SIL just had a baby 3 weeks ago and that''s her name. After delivery at the hospital, they saw another newborn with the same name! Now she''s seeing it everywhere.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I vote: Ava Elizabeth

1.gif

What is the first initial of your last name? If you do pick a popular name, there is a chance that your child will be referred to Ava G. (for example) in class. It will be nice to hear what the names will sound like with the first letter of your last name.

35.gif

They are all beautiful names. Classic and elegant.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
From your list my favorites are Ava Grace, Ava Elisabeth, and Anna Grace!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 8:52:49 AM
Author:steph72276

Anna Grace
Ava Elisabeth
Grace Elisabeth
Emilie Ann
Audrey Elisabeth

Thanks, gals!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love Anna Grace. So classic.

I also like Ava Grace and Audrey Elisabeth.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 1:57:55 PM
Author: mela lu
I vote: Ava Elizabeth

What is the first initial of your last name? If you do pick a popular name, there is a chance that your child will be referred to Ava G. (for example) in class. It will be nice to hear what the names will sound like with the first letter of your last name.

35.gif

They are all beautiful names. Classic and elegant.

Hi, Mela Lu. Our first initial is W. Thanks
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a *very* common name (for my generation) and I survived
2.gif
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys for all your responses! I was a kindergarten teacher for several years and we did have lots of Graces, Avas, but I never had a Lillie. Maybe it has just begun to be popular for babies in the last few years. Madison and Madelyn were all the rage a few years ago. Hmmm, Anna Grace is looking better....classic, but not quite as popular right this moment, although I thought it would be neat to use a family name.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 2:26:56 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
2.gif
1.gif

True, me too. I was just known as Stephanie D. It was really no big deal for me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 2:29:09 PM
Author: steph72276
Date: 9/22/2008 2:26:56 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

2.gif
1.gif

True, me too. I was just known as Stephanie D. It was really no big deal for me.

Besides I *love* the idea of using a family name. To me, that is very special.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 1:33:50 PM
Author: Courtneylub
Indy, I thought Macy May earlier too! I think it's adorable, but DH isn't so sure. We actually already have a name picked out for a girl: Alila Marie. I've always wanted Lila Marie and DH came up with Alila. Lately I've been thinking how cute the name Macy is, so I was trying to come up with another M middle name. Marie is a family name and the first daughter needs to have that one. Macy Marie would've been really cute.

Steph, Lily Grace is a really popular name, but if you love it who cares? My SIL just had a baby 3 weeks ago and that's her name. After delivery at the hospital, they saw another newborn with the same name! Now she's seeing it everywhere.
maybe marlaina, marlene, marilee or monique? has melissa been mentioned?

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for Audrey or Lillie, but I have to say I am biased because these are two of my top names (too bad they don''t sound good together). I have to vote against anything with Elisabeth. I don''t know why but that has always been one of my least favorite names!

cara

Ideal_Rock
I like Ava Elisabeth and Lillie Grace...

And how about Macy Malena? or Malana?

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I like Audrey, I think its a classy name, but yet not too common.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the opinions! Also, one more thought....if I go with Anna Grace, is it too close to my son''s name, Andrew? I just looked it up and it says Anna is the female version of Andrew, so would that be too weird?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I really like Anna Grace and Audrey Elisabeth. Classic.

I''m surprised Anna is the female version of Andrew. They don''t sound similar at all. I don''t think Anna and Andrew would be weird.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it would be strange but you will mix them up when you are yelling at them
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results