shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dewmyster

Rough_Rock
Been reading this forum for nearly four months now and have finally decided to come out of the woodwork. First and foremost, you folks have a great forum here. Lots of willingness to help and respectful discussions. Gotta love it.

I just read Connors'' post about a potentially broken diamond that turns out to be girdle reflection. This has become near and dear to my heart in the last few weeks as the diamond I purchased didn''t have any hint of girdle reflection until it was set. Not even a hint of it showed when viewing the stone in the setting prior to it being actually set.

Diamond Specs:
Gia Cert''ed 1.27 7.01x7.05x4.2 - E/VVS1/Ex Cut/Ex Sym/Ex Polish/60% table/59.7% depth/13.5% crown depth/43.5% Pav Depth/41.0 Pav Angle/33.5 Crown Angle/No Flour/No Culet.

Setting is from Coast Diamond''s hand engraved collection - its similar to this picture (the heart is in plat instead of yellow gold)

Is girdle reflection something normal to only be seen after the stone has been set?

I''ve also seen a lot of replies that say enjoy it, but I find it to be quite distracting and I''m not nearly as obsessive as the girlfriend. Is there anything that can be done to lessen the visual impact of the girdle reflection? Would setting the stone higher/lower make a difference?

Thanks in advance!!

Dewey

LP1855.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi dewmyster,

Not sure about whether it shows up more after setting, I didn''t see my diamond before. I can''t tell from your setting if it will hide it or not, looks like it might. Mine has a bar going across that hides it, I''ll post a pic.

I would suggest calling the jeweler and asking about it.

hiddenset01.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results