shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle faceted or not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

claimsguy

Rough_Rock
What effect if any on sparkle does a faceted/unfaceted girdle have an a diamond.

Does the fact a girlde is facet/unfaceted have any effect on how the diamond is set.

Thanks

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It really makes no to very little difference. An unfaceted girdle can help the color appearance in lower grade stones (K, L, M, etc), but at this point we are really splitting hairs. Most experts think that a faceted girdle is a sign of attention paid by the cutter during the cutting process, but you'll fid several Superideals with natural, unpolished girdles. All in all, it is really a matter of personal taste and diamond availability at the time of the purchase.
1.gif

claimsguy

Rough_Rock
thanks for the quick reply

bling

Shiny_Rock
i agree..i have a stone with an unfaceted girdle, and its an ideal cut stone. it has zero effect on the brilliance and perfomance of my stone...and no differnce in the way it was set. you do have to make sure that if it is unfaceted, that there is very little to no bearding though. that can be determined either by the vendor or by an appraiser.
9.gif

claimsguy

Rough_Rock
I want to thank the board for helping me pick a ring.

I'll post photos when I hopefully receive the ring on 06/21/04.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results