shape
carat
color
clarity

Ginger Rogers hair-- too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I love this vintage braid updo style, shown here by Ginger Rogers in Top Hat. Do you think this would be a nice wedding hairstyle? My hair is pretty thin, but it looks like all the hair is used in the braid. Thought it would look pretty with white orchids and whatnot. What you do you all think?

TopHat28.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Uhmmmmm... I see that and I all I can think is ''Heidi''. Maybe I''m the only one?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i sort of agree with indy - maybe you can channel the hairstyle in a less dramatic way by keeping the brain thing towards the bottom but have it start and end towards the top of your head so that it is flatter there, and then maybe cover that area with flowers or something? i think the idea is great, but i think that the execution might have to be tweaked.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I really like the more modern version of this, but think that it is a bit too trendy for wedding hair. I considered it for my wedding but decided against it. Here are some pics I found

heidi_klum.jpg

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Or even a half-version is nice, but kinda bohemian looking. Could also be a romantic look depending on how you finish it.

boho-braid_collage.JPG

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 4:33:09 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Uhmmmmm... I see that and I all I can think is ''Heidi''. Maybe I''m the only one?

That was my VERY FIRST thought as well....lol!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the first style Happily posted. I wonder if that could be done with my hair? But re the trendy thing, I figure, our gowns are so damn trendy that what will it matter if our hair is trendy too?

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 5:02:52 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I LOVE the first style Happily posted. I wonder if that could be done with my hair? But re the trendy thing, I figure, our gowns are so damn trendy that what will it matter if our hair is trendy too?
I''ve heard that you can also use braid pieces if your hair isn''t long enough. Here are more pics if you want.

haircomesthebridecom2.jpg

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
and another...I think "loose" is the key. The style didn''t go with my dress but if she can wear it to an upscale even, why couldn''t anyone!

haircomesthebridecom5.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see Heidi with a bit of Princess Leia, even though they are not on each side of her head. Not a look I love, must be honest. It has kind of a dated feel to it. (I had an old babysitter when I was little, she was in her 70''s and wore her hair like that!)...

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Drat! Okay girls, I''ll stop living in the 30''s.
2.gif

I like the photo happily posted, too. I''m afraid of doing something too out there because I won''t have a chance to do a trial run with the stylist.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...my first thought was Princess Leah, too! Aachhh...

I love the one happily posted...I think you could do a version of that that would be bride-y AND beautiful! Love it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you just need to modernize your view of an updo. Identify what you like about the look and try to be more now. I think the now look is more soft and less "done". You do not want to look so dated, though I love a Veronica Lake look with the hair flowing in long waves, side parted. That is more timeless. But if you want up, I LOVE certain styles, especially with a pretty tiara type piece anchoring it!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I like it...all versions, but I think the key is a dress design that compliments it. I can''t seem to remember your dress or theme...will you post them in this thread?

Also are you a blonde? No plan for a veil? Help us paint a better picture.

Sidebar: I just watched an old movie, Gingers first dramatic only roll...not her usual dancing. She was such a beauty. I was enamored by her grace. The camera loved her.

Ill be Seeing You with Joseph Cotton link added it to my holiday fav list, tears will flow

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I would pass too... sorry
15.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the Ginger Rogers one better than the one happily posted. I think that one is too messy and not at ALL weddingy. I love the half ones happily posted though.

It sounds like you want a polished vintage look, but that one is just a little too much on the dramatic side. Perhaps telling us what you are looking for in a hairstyle?

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your help, ladies!

Here's my dress, for reference:
http://www.casablancabridal.com/Products/Detail.asp?View=F&ModelNo=1863&Cat=Spring%20Collection&SubCat=2007#

I'm looking for an updo of some kind, and I'm 80% sure I won't have a veil. I'm going to go with some simple gold earrings and my cameo necklace, if it ends up matching.

Other than that, I'm open to anything! I have medium-length, below-shoulder, thin, wavy, brown hair. I've got some long bangs in the front that can be bangs or not.

BTW: That DARNED Princess Leia keep ruining my hairstyles!! This is not the first time someone has said a style I like is "Princess Leia-ish." I haven't even seen Star Wars, and I already hate her!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results