shape
carat
color
clarity

Ginger Baker Has Died

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sad to hear....we were big fans of Cream.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad. A legend.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the 8-track Disraeli Gears, which I listened to 'till it was worn out.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sad..I always liked White Room.I loved it when I was young..Even now if I heard it I would still love it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad. :((
Thanks for letting us know @AGBF

Of course death is a part of life and I have been reflecting on death lately as yesterday was the birthday of a very close friend who died unexpectedly last November. He had a heart attack and died all alone in his apartment in NYC. He had no history of heart problems. He was just 64. And our sweet Francesca died this past June. Our beloved heart kitty who was just 10. Unexpectedly too. One week from her diagnosis of lymphoma. And other beloved furbabies who recently died and whose names I shall not mention as they are not mine and I will leave that to the PSers if they want to share. Just to illustrate why death has been on my mind so much lately.

Sometimes I drive myself crazy trying to make sense of what short lives we have and the lives of our beloved animals even shorter. But then I realize we must just cherish each and every day and be grateful for whatever time we do have. It doesn't take away the tragic nature of life that is death but gratitude and humor help see us through the darker days. We don't know what the future holds or how much time any of us have and so must live with that uncertainty but living in the moment and appreciating each day makes it a bit easier to bear. Sorry for the threadjack.
threadhighjack.gif
Back to the topic at hand.

RIP Ginger Baker. You will live on through your music and n the hearts of many. A great talent indeed.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
It’s getting up close and personal since I am not far from these legends ages.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am trying not be sad
because someone who lived a wild life died at 80
but part of my youth died today
im really feeling it
im no 60s wild child
but i used to listen to a lot of cream in my late youth when my dad was sick with cancer
id go down to the beach with my walkman and sit on a rock as the waves swirled around and turn the volume right up
its weird because yesterday i was poking around in the garage and i found a moving box called non-Bruce cds and dvds
i remember my cream stuff (tapes) were so stretched from overuse

i havn't listened to much cream in many years as my man does not enjoy Eric (and i pick my battles) but they were the definitive power trio of all the ages

thanks Mr Baker
you got me through some tough times

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh and I saw him at The Blue Note in 2000. It was amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results