shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift for 70th birthday

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all :wavey: I haven't bought anything for a really long time so I mainly pop in these days just to stare at the shiny things =)2

But my MIL's 70th is coming up and I really want to do something special for her. Jewelry is so personal that my first thought was to get her a classic Chanel flap bag. But I hadn't checked those prices in awhile and holy cannoli, they've gone up!

What classic jewelry item would you recommend with a $1,000-3,000 budget? Thanks in advance!
Maggie

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nice strand of pearls?

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Eternity ring

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would she wear !

All the elegant women of her age I know, wear very personal pieces indeed ...

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
It's very sweet that you want to honor your MIL's 70th--she is a lucky lady!
I guess I would look at what she already has and what she wears.
Something personalized is always nice and sentimental.
How many kids and grandkids does she have?
Maybe a bracelet with an engraved disc for each child or grand child?
My jeweler has an engraver that engraves in the persons handwriting and has done charms with wishes from grandchildren in their words and handwriting. Very sweet.
Or something involving the birthstones of her children/grandchildren?
What is her birthstone and does she actually like her birthstone?

It really depends on her taste/style and I am just throwing some ideas out there.
Even a locket or charm for a necklace with an engraved group/family wish would be nice.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, thank you for your replies. I thought I would let you know how this turned out. Sadly her entire 70th birthday celebration was cancelled. First because of Hurricane Irma and then when we were trying to reschedule, her 98 year old mother died. So we are still thinking and still waiting for a time to have a very belated celebration. I'm hoping to get some of the other family members to kick in and get a Chanel handbag. I think it's hard to go wrong with Chanel!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MaggieB, how awful. She is so lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter.
I am sending you all condolences.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results