shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA report / diamond cut information

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hansokl

Rough_Rock
Hi, Where can I find an image listing the diamond cut characteristics and what characteristics are good. I have looked for one but haven''t had luck. I have the GIA report for my diamond but dont know what all the numbers mean on the diamond. I want to post the data to see what you all think about the diamond.

Thanks a lot.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hansokl,

Do you mean that you want opinions on the cut of your diamond? If so, post this information which you should find on your GIA report-

depth %
table%
crown angle
pavilion angle
polish and symmetry grades
girdle thickness
diameter measurement

Or do you mean you want some guidance as to good proportions for a round diamond?

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
If you have the report, you can just post a picture of that. We can get all of the numbers off of it for you. Otherwise, I'm sure GIA has one on its website, otherwise, I'm pretty sure its on the back of the GIA diamond report, or the Diamond Dossier, whichever one you have. If you just have a scanned copy of it, you can always just post that. I'll see if I can find the pic really quick.

ETA: Here's a great link for you from GIA's website:

http://www.diamondcut.gia.edu/05_diamond_anatomy.html

That should give you all the info you need.

hansokl

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply everyone... i need a picture showing where each of the details are.. on my gia report it just has all the numbers on the diamond but i dont know which numbers stand for what... if i hadan image of what areas are on the diamond then ill post them... im on my cell phone''s internet because im at work.. i will post the pictures tonight..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may help.

giaprops.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The depth is from table to culet. The crown angle is the angle fromed at the girdle upward to the crown at the bezel, or main facet. The opposite for the pavilion angle. Hope this helps.

Round side w terms2.jpg

hansokl

Rough_Rock
I took a picture of the diamond numbers on the gia document.. The file is 1.4mb.. I will post it if someone could help me do it..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results