shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Excellent cut vs TrueHearts Signature vs AGS Ideal Cut.

n0thingtolos3

Rough_Rock
What is the difference between the GIA excellent cut and TrueHearts cut diamonds found on James Allen?

Are the TrueHearts cut worth the extra money when compared with a GIA excellent cut?

I have 3 diamonds that I am choosing from.

Any help would be appreciated!

www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.73-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-762216

www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.81-carat-i-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-798391?a_aid=dmnd1357&chan=x

www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.705-i-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104078265024&a_aid=y&chan=x

Thanks in advance!

everstone

Rough_Rock
Re: GIA Excellent cut vs TrueHearts Signature vs AGS Ideal C

AGS is a little more stringent on their cut proportions so AGS0 ideal cut is usually better than GIA triple ex. Both are great starting places though.

Between the 3 diamonds you listed, theyre all very similar in terms of cut and proportions. All are within the Towolsky Ideal Cut range. For that reason I would choose the one that's higher color, I believe it was H. I don't think I color will look good with a stone that big.

You can almost ignore the "true hearts" or "hearts and arrows" labels. Just look at proportions and specs and you should be good.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

We could go into the differences between GIA 3EX, AGS 000, and JA True Hearts but since you have 3 selected already it would be somewhat moot and too general. So it's better to focus on the specific diamonds. They all look great.

Saying an I color stone won't look good at that size is a bit absurd IMO. You may notice more tint when viewing the pavilion but it's not something that would be a deal breaker. If it were then I doubt an H would suffice either as you'll likely notice its tint as well.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

Looks like the 1.73 isn't available anymore. The 1.81 should be a very nice performing diamond and there doesn't appear to be much leakage under the table. It would be nice to have reflector images to confirm this though. Any of the 3 you have listed will be nice and you probably won't even notice much difference between them.

n0thingtolos3

Rough_Rock

solgen|1450160944|3961597 said:
Looks like the 1.73 isn't available anymore. The 1.81 should be a very nice performing diamond and there doesn't appear to be much leakage under the table. It would be nice to have reflector images to confirm this though. Any of the 3 you have listed will be nice and you probably won't even notice much difference between them.

I was the one that actually put the H diamond on hold. Would you pick the H instead, given the availability?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

n0thingtolos3|1450196773|3961718 said:
solgen|1450160944|3961597 said:

I was the one that actually put the H diamond on hold. Would you pick the H instead, given the availability?

There's a number of factors to consider. Color sensitivity might be the biggest but the setting could effect that. From the video I prefer the arrow patterning on the 1.81. But again these are personal and thus subjective matters that reflect my bias which may not align with yours. The overall performance will likely be similar so you really can't go wrong with either. If you find one appeals to you more than the other then choose that one.

n0thingtolos3

Rough_Rock

I went with the 1.81 c diamond.

Thanks for the help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results