shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Crown and Pavilion angles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iceyone

Rough_Rock
how can someone determine these if their stone is GIA cert and not AGSL?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Edited to reflect: Just re-read the subject and realize you were looking for crown and pavilion on the GIA cert. They will not be on the GIA cert, only on the AGS. In short, GIA will include a plot of the stone showing inclusions. AGS will include that plot as well as a side-view of the stone showing cut proportions.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2004 8:13
6.gif
4 PM
Author:iceyone
how can someone determine these if their stone is GIA cert and not AGSL?
Have the vendor or an appraiser run a sarin/ogi scan on the diamond is the only way.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
In some cases
AGS provides a "Diamond Quality DOCUMENT"
rather than a "Diamond Quality REPORT"
The Diamond Quality Document is usually associated with ideal cut proportions along with ideal polish and symmetry.

agsexample2.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
If you have a GIA grading report the only way to acquire cut proportions is to have the jeweler run a Sarin or Ogi Megascope scan. That scan will give you everything you need to assess the cut quality and estimated visual performance.

iceyone

Rough_Rock
I don''t see crown/pavilion angles on GIA certs. I know AGS has them but how should I get them for a GIA cert stone?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
You will not find crown and pavilion angles or %''s on the GIA report. They currently only provide table and depth. You have to ask the vendor for a sarin or OGI report. These reports will give you the additional cut information that GIA doesn''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results