shape
carat
color
clarity

getting started on insurance!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
hello, i''m new to being a diamond owner - please help me get started on buying insurance for my diamonds (e-ring + w-band). i looked around on the forum and see discussions on various aspects of diamond insurance but not on the first few steps on selecting the insurance. thank you!

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
I want to insure my engageent ring + wedding band.

it''s valued at around $14000

how do I decide which insurance to select?

JM, Chubbs, homeowners?

brand-spankin new at dealing with all of this - any insight or factors to consider would be appreciated.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Contact at least Ralph at Touchstone. You should qualify for Chubb, and he can get it for you. (This is not incidental, because so so many Chubb insureres will not). Sometimes the price of it is not significantly more, giving you cash back in the case of a loss, than replacement, which most other policies will give you...in which case it''s mostly a no brainer, and then get the Chubb. If the difference is more considerable, and frequently it is...you''d just need to decide between what''s more important to you...the flexibility cash would give you, or the savings a replacement insurance would give you.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hey :)
I got my ring appraised first. I bought my engagement ring on Ebay for an extremely good deal.
My ring appraised in the low $70,000 and my homeowners insurance ( Amica ) refused to cover it!
So I looked around and the best place I found with the best premium was "GemShield". I got a
$425 policy for my ring, and jewelers mutual was charging me around $750. Look around but first of
all try to get your insurance through your homeowners first, as i was quoted $262.

Good luck and let us know what path you decided to take :)

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Gemshield through Touchstone is great. They had the best premiums when I did my search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results