shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting him to propose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chesna

Rough_Rock
I know I need patience. I know he needs time. But what I want to know is if im wasting my time. We have been together for 2 1/2 years. We have a child together and we live together , we have pretty much since we first started dating. Marriage is something im super ready for now. I have dropped the hints a thousand times and when I come right out and say it sometimes he tells me to drop it and he''ll do it when he''s ready. I feel like I give him everything. And I fee like he''s just liking the convience of the situation without having to do anything. I found the engagment ring I want and its only $300(Cdn) its what I want tho and he keeps making up excuses saying he doesn''t want to buy me one that cheap. Im not one for big gaudy rings and he knows it , its what I want. He got a big paycheck today and he said he had to go out for a bit without us and he would be back but I would be happy when he returned. I thought for sure this was the day. He came home with flowers. I feel selfish for wanted to stick the flowers up his ass and bawl my eyes out but he knows what im waiting for and the ring I want is right down the street from the flower shop. What Do I do , ami just wasting my time?

Chesna
emcrook.gif

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
Hey... I can''t offer any sound advice, but you may want to go over to the Ladies in Waiting board. There are soooo many wonderful women over there with the same feelings, and some in the same situation. It helps being in good company, and knowing what you are feeling is normal.

GhostofMacbeth

Rough_Rock
From the other side of the thing, there are a number of reasons that exist for him not to ask right away. I admit I am a slow guy as far as that is concerned but have you talked to him about why he is slow? Do it diplomatically and all that but there could be a good reason, or a bunch of them. Or there could be a bunch of cruddy reasons. I had a pile of reasons, some of them good, some of them odd, some of them not so great but all were delaying me. It is a delicate thing to bring up though and might lead to some grumbling on both sides.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results