shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
On the way home from our ever glamorous Super Bowl party, Ben took my hand and asked what my schedule was this week and we are planning to look at rings on Friday! Yay!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds great! And I hope you were also happy with the Superbowl!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Woo-woo, congratulations!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news! Enjoy the shopping!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great news bensbride! Enjoy the ring shopping
1.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that''s great! Where are you going to go? And do you have ideas about what you want, or are you just going to try on everything and see what''s what?

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
The superbowl was soooo boring until the 4th quarter, but then it sure got exciting enough! I had no team preference, since I''m a midwestern girl and Ben cheers for the Vikings.

We are going to a local independent place (not in the mall) that he trusts because they''ve helped several of his friends find their perfect rings. I think he''s a little naive, but I''ve done my research and hopefully can help him from being taken advantage of. He''s a strong guy, but he knows next to nothing about what makes a great diamond or appropriate price. I just don''t want him to pay more than he should for what he''s getting. I''m happy he asked for my input, especially since he''s said a few things that I want to investigate a little. He started talking about wraps, which can be beautiful, but can be far away from my taste preference. So I want to see what he means before he makes any decisions. I''d be happy with almost anything, but there are a few styles I''m not so crazy about and I''m glad he wants my input. Now here''s hoping the hospital stays calm and I don''t have to work unexpectedly on Friday! Ladies in NE Iowa, keep your babies inside your bellies for just one day!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Have fun shopping. :)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! :)

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
So we went ring shopping last night! More like ring-browsing. I was amazed that what I thought I liked wasn''t what I ended up liking most when I started putting rings on my finger. The salesman was so helpful! He suggested a half bezel round cut with sidestones because I told him that I''m a nurse and I take care of babies and I don''t like leaving prong scratches all over them. Its strangely classic for being a bezel, but different enough to make Ben happy. He likes sidestones, and I like them as long as they are secure and don''t involve lots of prongs. He''s not into anything that he can see on 10 of his friends'' wives fingers, but I''m pretty basic and classic.

Did anybody else totally change what they wanted when they actually started looking? I was all about emeralds and asschers and such before I put them on my finger, but once I started slipping those babies on, the round just looked best on my finger. Also, one side of the bezel curves around the top of the stone and the other side curves around the bottom, which I think really makes the stone look bigger than it really is! Always a bonus, right? My only question is about how a wedding band will look with it. Originally, Ben said he liked the bands that were more of a set with the e-ring, but the design of this ring makes it so that the bottom and top around the stone are curved instead of a straight line. I just wonder how a band fits into that....

I was just so relieved that we found something we both liked. Ben got the business card of the guy that helped us with the info about the ring, so I think he''s pretty serious about this specific one. It was the first one the guy took out of the case, and the one we ended up liking best!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 12:30:50 PM
Author: bensbride
So we went ring shopping last night! More like ring-browsing. I was amazed that what I thought I liked wasn''t what I ended up liking most when I started putting rings on my finger. The salesman was so helpful! He suggested a half bezel round cut with sidestones because I told him that I''m a nurse and I take care of babies and I don''t like leaving prong scratches all over them. Its strangely classic for being a bezel, but different enough to make Ben happy. He likes sidestones, and I like them as long as they are secure and don''t involve lots of prongs. He''s not into anything that he can see on 10 of his friends'' wives fingers, but I''m pretty basic and classic.

Did anybody else totally change what they wanted when they actually started looking? I was all about emeralds and asschers and such before I put them on my finger, but once I started slipping those babies on, the round just looked best on my finger. Also, one side of the bezel curves around the top of the stone and the other side curves around the bottom, which I think really makes the stone look bigger than it really is! Always a bonus, right? My only question is about how a wedding band will look with it. Originally, Ben said he liked the bands that were more of a set with the e-ring, but the design of this ring makes it so that the bottom and top around the stone are curved instead of a straight line. I just wonder how a band fits into that....

I was just so relieved that we found something we both liked. Ben got the business card of the guy that helped us with the info about the ring, so I think he''s pretty serious about this specific one. It was the first one the guy took out of the case, and the one we ended up liking best!
Yes, that happened to me as well. I always had the mindset that I wanted princess and pave. However, I have now decided on a round center stone and even am loving a very think shared prong band because I love how the stone pops on that tiny band.
Congrats to you for having such a great shopping day your first time out!
36.gif
Sounds you you had a great Salesperson and found the ring of your dreams! I would say it was a successul trip!
The bezel sounds great and pefect for you. Can''t wait to hear all the updates!! Any pics of the ring?
Congrats again!
21.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Looks very pretty! Haha, I actually kind of had a similar experience. Mainly I was excited because I found out I would not have to spend as much money as I thought to get what I wanted. I also went smaller than I thought I would. That''s weird, right? I am just still going to college, and honestly it''s not the safest place around. I don''t know if I''d call it dangerous, but there are enough robberies for me not to feel comfortable walking around with a huge diamond.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I totally changed what I wanted! At first I wanted an Emerald cut, then I thought I wanted a Princess with pave down the sides. Now I have a beautiful Cushion and finally picked out a beautiful .50ct halo setting on Friday (I find out on Monday whether or not it will work for my stone). I''m excited. :)

Congrats to you! Here is to hoping you''re not on the list long!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it won''t be too long, too! One thing we forgot to ask...do they usually sell you the setting out of the display case or do they order one from the designer? We probably should have asked. They said it was a custom design from LA, which really made Ben like it even more, because he''s big on the "made in the USA" thing. I really wish I had a picture of the actual ring, because I''m not seeing it as clearly in my mind as I was when we saw it on Friday...and I''d feel like a geek going into the shop every day to see it! That pic from Kay''s is just a rough idea...there are quite a few differences.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Things are starting to fall into place! When we first started talking about possible dates, Ben menioned he''d like April 2009. The snag with that was my Aunt. She teaches overseas and is usually only home for the summer. However, she just accepted a job in Bulgaria and they give her a two week "spring break" for Easter. Sooo....our date is maybe falling into place! Yay! Othwerwise we''d have to wait until July, and neither of us are big fans of sweating.

Funny story about ring shopping. As we were getting ready to wrap up the fun of the experience, Ben told the very helpful man who was assisting us that we were going home to talk about it and he''d probably be back. As the guy was writing down the setting specs, I turned to Ben and said "I don''t expect you to get it while I''M HERE..." and he thought I said "I don''t expect you to get it HERE..." Later Ben gently told me what I said might''ve been rude. I couldn''t understand what he meant and he told me what he thought I said. Now I''m laughing but a little mortified that maybe the guy helping us thought that I said the same thing. I would never say that!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s funny. Maybe the salesguy heard what you actually said instead if what Ben thought you said. Either way I wouldn''t worry about it too much
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results