shape
carat
color
clarity

Genuine antique or not?

Bling_of_Fire

Rough_Rock
This seller has good feedback on Ebay - I think it's probably from a pawn shop but am not completely sure. Anyway this ring is stated to be from the 1920s. I don't have a trained eye, but it looks so darn pristine. It just reminds me of how antique inspired settings are. In the description it says that it has been polished and cleaned, but I was thinking
they meant the diamond but maybe they meant the whole setting. I was curious about what any of you antique experts think! The diamond is labeled as a transitional and looks to have a nice pattern.
IMG_9136.jpg IMG_9135.jpg IMG_9134.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It can be difficult to say with certainty if there are no datable hallmarks / makers Mark.
the filigree design element is still current in rings made just yesterday. I’m not convinced it antique, it looks more like a reproduction “cast“ ring. the crispness of detail is lacking.
From the photos it’s not an excellent manufacture and there seems to be a “break” in the metalwork in the basket under the prongs.
while antique / vintage ring settings are beautiful, as rings and with decades of prior wear, metal can be deformed, worn away and prongs damaged. Rehabbing antique ring settings is expensive.
Are you buying it just for the diamond?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Bron, looks like a reproduction. What is the metal?

Bling_of_Fire

Rough_Rock
To answer your questions the metal is 14 K which also aroused my suspicions because I’ve noticed that rings from the period tend to be 10K or 18K. But yes I was interested in the diamond. It’s 70 points and the price was $780 with the option to make an offer which I thought sounded like a fair cost for that size of stone. BUT I just noticed no return. I hate when there’s no return policy!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny I came across this ring tonight scrolling through EBay. My thoughts were the diamond looked pretty but the setting left a lot to be desired, kind of like they had a an old diamond cooked up a setting and threw it in there.

The diamond looks pretty though!

Bling_of_Fire

Rough_Rock
Funny I came across this ring tonight scrolling through EBay. My thoughts were the diamond looked pretty but the setting left a lot to be desired, kind of like they had a an old diamond cooked up a setting and threw it in there.

The diamond looks pretty though!

How funny you saw the same! I’m a big eBay browser and always on the lookout :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results