shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstones. Do any look any good ?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a FABULOUS find! I’m going to have to zoom on every picture for a better look when I have more time!

You might want to hit the Report Concern button on this & ask the Mods to move it to Show Me The Bling, as i’m sure everyone will find it fascinating, especially @Bron357

Please tell us some back story?

What a FABULOUS find! I’m going to have to zoom on every picture for a better look when I have more time!

You might want to hit the Report Concern button on this & ask the Mods to move it to Show Me The Bling, as i’m sure everyone will find it fascinating, especially @Bron357

Please tell us some back story?

Hi Alex

Thanks. I purchased them and another 5/6 boxes (which I havent yet posted photos of) as well as a large amount of rough gemstones of various types. I am just hoping I can sell some of them at least. Whoever it was collected them was clearly an avid collector in the mid 1900's.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow cool find. We will have to rename you Bron 2.0 (another PS'er who found an amazing treasure trove of gemstones at an estate sale).

Lol thanks. These are all from the UK by the way as I am based there. Mind you by looks of it the collector was operating all around the World.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting - that last tray is all fakes, imitations, etc. it looks like you have someone’s collection of samples and examples of various types of gemstones, including potential imposters.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see there is a label there for Crocidolite, there is another name that is more well known for it which is asbestos.

I'd be a little bit wary of that particular stone for obvious reasons.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool find! The aqua aura quartz is something newer - it is coated quartz. I like the bright green demantoid garnet!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun tray of treasures! Can't wait to hear more about them...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results