carat
color
clarity

Gemselect Review

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings everyone,

I know Gemselect has mixed reviews on PS but I just wanted to say I ordered 3 things recently and I was quite happy with the results.

Immediate international shipping at a reasonable cost and excellent communication with follow up emails.

I bought a lovely pear lavendar blue chalcedony pear cabochon, a pair of green agate drops (for earrings) and a chrysoprase cabochon.

The first two were better than expected and very cheap! The chyroprase looked a little bit "fake/plasticky" - maybe not the best quality I think but again the price was so cheap I didnt bother returning it. I am planning to get the pear set in a ring and I will make the agate earrings myself. The chrysoprase will be a learning stone.

I'll try to add the vendor pcs as I have none of my own yet. :wavey:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
earrings

_1699.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ring

_1701.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely, especially the chalcedony! Such a soft watery colour.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1352116979|3298923 said:
They look lovely, especially the chalcedony! Such a soft watery colour.

I love this color- beautiful!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Agree. They are nice and will make pretty jewelry.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think so too - they're lovely, but you've gotta show us the fake, plasticky chrysophase!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrysoprase - looked fab online but the quality is just not there IRL. :((

_1717.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look lovely online. Did it not have a soft watery glow in person?

GemSelect

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi HotPozzum - Thanks for sharing your review and experience with everyone. We are happy to hear that the chalcedony and agate stones met your expectations. As for the chrysoprase, we can assure you that it is natural chrysoprase. We’d love to hear the professional opinions of Pricescope’s experienced members.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one will stake their reputation to guess if a stone is natural or not from a single photograph. It must be viewed in person and studied.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I'm not a Chrysoprase expert but it's not as translucent as I expected and maybe a bit more "neon" than glowy apple/jade green than I thought it would be too. Feels very light and just sadly looks fake in my eyes. :blackeye: I could be totally wrong and thats what they are MEANT to look like but I have seen some fine quality Australian Chrysoprase at a local gemshow before and it seemed different somehow...

Here is a link to a really yummy one http://customgemstonestudio.com/custom-gemstones/australian-marlborough-chrysoprase/ so I'm looking for something similar for a cocktail ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1352171290|3299582 said:
No one will stake their reputation to guess if a stone is natural or not from a single photograph. It must be viewed in person and studied.

The post I answered to is now gone, so my reply seems rather silly without the reference. :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum,
Do you think the green agate pair and chalcedony are real? Or it doesn't matter too much because pricing was good?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I think all the stones are real and in fact just had my jeweller inspect them to confirm. My use if the term "fake" merely implied the stone looked like neon/plasticky etc. I never actually thought or meant to say it wasnt actually a Chrysoprase.

Gemselect - This post was a positive view of my dealings with you. I was happy in general with the stones and the service. Contacting me personally regarding this post has slightly soured that view, I consider it unprofessional. You did not even reply to my inital email requesting a refund for that particular stone but happy to email me the moment you feel threatened in some way?!Thank you for your offer to get it certified but I will simply keep it as a learning stone.

I thought PS was a safe place to share our experiences and opinions without fear of reprisal or personal attack. :angryfire:

cm366

Shiny_Rock
HotPozzum, PS is definitely a place where we can post without reprisal. That said, if you publicly ID yourself as the purchaser of a very specific lot, it's not hard for merchants to figure out who's reviewing them. The mods can delete posts or ban them in an attempt to keep things civil here, but no-one can control what the merchant does with their own time and email address.

The remedy for speech is more speech - if a vendor insults you or whines about your post, please let us know and they'll get less business from people who don't want to be harassed by childish vendors. If they respond reasonably and courteously to your requests, post that up and they'll get more business! :)

Thanks for both the initial post and the heads up! :appl:

*edited for thickfingered typo

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CM366 - I completely understand but the original reason I listed the vendor was because I was giving them a positive review! :roll:

cm366

Shiny_Rock
=) That's what it sounded like to me! Some people are hard to please.... maybe they're especially sensitive to comments here? There have certainly been some less-than-positive threads about them, although I've gotten a few small stones from them and been very happy. I'm disappointed to hear that they contacted you with what felt like a personal attack - poor service indeed!

Edited to add: Hmm, it looks like GemSelect's post is back up. Am I having server problems or did it disappear for other posters?

GemSelect

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello Everyone -- We apologize to HotPozzum for our actions. We would not have reached out by email had we not been deleted from here. We just felt that we had to reach out to you one way or another, sort of a last resort option. Our intentions were good, but it seems we made it worse. We realize your post was originally intended to be a positive review and we most certainly thank you for that. Our apology is being made public and we are greatly humbled by our mistake. We hope our apology can be accepted by you (and the other valued members of PS). We wish you all the best.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No hard feelings then. Let's all get on with enjoying our gemstones! :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCM,
Gem Select's post disappeared for me too but it came back this morning. How strange.

Hot Pozzum,
Your jeweller is familiar with agates and chalcedony? That's rather unusual since most are diamond focused.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes amazingly he specializes in a more broad range of gemstones as well as the usual diamonds! It was very kind of him to let me play with some of the award winning show pieces whilst I was there :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm envious that you have such a skilled jeweller.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hotpossum, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but your jeweler is not located any where near S.F. are they?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
loving the agate! do you have a design in mind?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly (for you) he is in Brisbane, Australia. Obviously if I wanted to be 100% certain I would need to them them to a lab - as you rightly say no one (inc most jewellers) would stake their reputation on simply viewing the stone alone. He has a quick look and confirmed it was "most likely" the stone as labelled. He did suggest the agate could be dyed but again couldnt say without testing. I'm happy with this - these weren't expensive stones, just for fun!

I wanted to get the pear cab set as a cocktail ring but the quote was more than I can currently afford (darn price of gold.... ;( ) The earrings will be simple droplets with gold attachments that i'll do myself (will see if I can attach a similar pic).

jade_20drop.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lovely design! Does he need to drill holes in the agates?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope - rather handily they are pre-drilled! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the holes now - I thought those were just reflection.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I ordered two stones from gemselect. I was quite happy with spinel (light pink, small size), and sunstone had an inclusion all along the stone diameter, not pictured on website pictures. Gemselect was great about sunstone. Although I wish I would of get a good one at the beginning. They said to me I don't need to ship it back, and refund the money, but really I can't use this stone anyway. 5 stars for their customer service.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results