shape
carat
color
clarity

Gems from Moguk, Myanmar! Custom Made Ring

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Hello lovely PS'er,

Am back with gemstone reveal this time instead of the usual diamond reviews! Went to Myanmar last month, got some gems from Bogyoke Market, get it certified by AGGL (the highest ranking lab within Myanmar) and back after the stones were up onto setting ready to wear.

2.12ct Peacock Blue Sapphire, Oval
PB Sapphire Loose & Cert.jpg

2ctw Vivid Blue Sapphire diamond earrings in 18k YG plated to WG, Oval.
VB Sapphire Earrings & Cert.jpg

pt2020_02_11_15_49_03.jpg

pt2020_02_11_14_57_33.jpg

3.05ct Deep Red Spinel, Cushion
Red Spinel & Cert.jpg

The 2 loose gemstones, I had it custom made (hometown) into a "Toi et Moi" Ring in 18k WG.
Spinel & PB Sapphire tgt w Custom Made Ring.jpg

All 4 Moguk gemstone purchase from Bogyoke Market, Myanmar
pt2020_02_11_15_48_08.jpg

"Toi et Moi" Ring in 18k WG, 1 Halo & 3/4 Channel Setting: total 48diamonds 0.25ctw, 0.5pointer each.
pt2020_02_11_15_53_45.jpg
Take a close look between Vivid Blue vs Peacock Blue, is quite obvious.

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Mix & Match
pt2020_02_11_15_50_16.jpg

20200211_153100.jpg

20200211_153341.jpg

For those who are keen to purchase Gems in Bogyoke Market, Yangon (Tue-Sun, 10:30am-5pm strictly):
Take note that the procedure of buying a gem is super time wasting especially the time wasted to get the Gems Certified:

Process were like: saw a gem you like, bargain (tell them the price: "include certification"), vendor agreed with the final price, they will send someone to walk with you to the Laboratories on the 2nd level, wait, get the certificate, return to the store and pay. THE PROCESS REPEAT again with a new vendor or another new stone you see that you wanna get.
  • CERTIFICATION: there are 3 labs on the 2nd level of the Bogyoke Market, based on the certificates we received (Certified 2 gems with 2 different Labs on the 2nd level). We prefer the F.G.A certificate as it is more professionally done.
  • OKAY CERT: Jewel House on the 2nd level though we didn't quite like how the Cert came out.
  • BEST CERTIFICATE: AGGL which is the highest ranking Lab in Myanmar, a super detail Gem report will be given as shown in the photos (which is inside Junction City and closed at 7pm instead. But it has a longer waiting time and a higher price for cert, thus it depends on the vendor whether are they willing to accept your price with AGGL). As soon as I learnt about AGGL, every purchase I made after, I offer a price "US$x includes AGGL". :razz: I mean those cheaper Gems no need such detailed report, but maybe the more pricey ones?
Myanmar Precious Gems & Fine Jewellery.jpg

3 different certificates by preference: AGGL, F.G.A, Jewel House - least preferred
The 2 other certs from F.G.A/Jewel House were from my friend who also purchased the other gems.
Gems Loose & Cert.jpg

Bottom 3 gems are all hers.
The least expensive Sapphire Cushion (bigger & cheaper but not very good color which was what she wants), an Aquamarine Pear, a Red Spinel Oval)
Gems Loose.jpg

Hope it helps ;)2

Rubies-R-Me

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi HNGN!
What a fascinating post. I have seen youtube videos about this gem market. My dream is to visit Yangon and see the colonial buildings and then visit this market.
Thanks for posting!

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Awesome open toi eat moi ring!

I like how flush it sits on your hand, even with the halo. Could we please see how the baskets look?

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Hi HNGN!
What a fascinating post. I have seen youtube videos about this gem market. My dream is to visit Yangon and see the colonial buildings and then visit this market.
Thanks for posting!
Hello @Rubies-R-Me yeah it is a fascinating place definitely! Am sure you will visit this place soon!
It is a relatively safe and good place.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.