shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem selection help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mouse

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I''ve been a lurker on this site for some time now. I''ve learned so much that has helped me in making my diamond selection much easier (makes sense of all the Mall/dealer speak). Thanks to everyone who has contributed. This is my first post.

I recently found a stone for my engagement ring that I felt was perfect for my needs. But alas circumstances have changed so I will have to start the search over again. This is the stone that I was set on (purchased), http://www.goodoldgold.com/br104fvs1ha.htm . Now I need a stone that is just shy of 1ct but still presents as much diameter as the above reference, 6.57mm.

I found a stone with the following attributes:
85ct, G VS1
6.15-6.19mm
depth 60.8
Table 57.1
ca 34.4
pa 40.9
girdle 1.1 - 1.7

Question is, will I notice a difference in the 85 without the 1.04 as reference in terms of face size and color?

Second question is selecting matching RB stones for stud earrings. Will there be much appearance difference between 40 and 50 point stones on the ear? Will H/I color clash with the F/G engagement stone or will it not matter? Are there special considerations/tips for buying stones for earrings as compared to rings? I''ve never worn jewelry and my future fiance has little experience with diamonds. I want to do the best I can for her when that special day comes.

--Anxiously awaiting in Austin--

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... for the studs, no sweat. No one will see a thing.
For the stone: the key measures there are diameter and depth. At 60.8% your stone is at a good "depth" and if you want it to have a larger diameter you could go for a 50-55% depth, but to find one will be tricky. This should not really affect the appearance of the stone as long as the cut is well executed. There are not too many places which have such cuts (less deep stones are thought after by dealers, since they give a bigger look for the weight and money, and not common). There is one seller who has such things ocasionally. They have a store and an Ebay page at "diamondsource" with professional pictures. Hope this helps
2.gif

mouse

Rough_Rock
Just an update. This is the stone that I purchased. Can't wait to see the precious in person. Here are the specs for those interested.

.94ct F Vs1 H&A Isee2
Diam: 6.30mm
Height: 3.86mm, 61.2%
Table%: 57.0
Crown%: 14.6
Cr Ang: 34.3
Pav. %: 43.2
Pav Ang: 40.8
Girdle: 1.7

Engineers like numbers
tongue.gif

Here is it's BrillianceScope images. Now for the studs.

br94Fvs1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results