Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck on an amazing and beautiful wedding!!! :love: :appl:

You're almost a MRS!!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, sweetie.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I hope it was everything you dreamed of and I can't wait to hear all about it.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! :wavey:

We're back from the honeymoon. It was very fun and relaxing, but definitely not long enough! I am now bombarded with work and I will come back here to share some pics as I get the chance. I had the BEST wedding! I have wonderful family, friends, and vendors that made sure everything went smoothly and of course I have won the lottery in the husband department! If I think really hard I could maybe come up with a thing or two that was not perfect or that I would have done different, but all in all we had a beautful wedding and reception and it was absolutely everything I dreamed of and more! :love:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1343324512|3240604 said:
Hello! :wavey:

We're back from the honeymoon. It was very fun and relaxing, but definitely not long enough! I am now bombarded with work and I will come back here to share some pics as I get the chance. I had the BEST wedding! I have wonderful family, friends, and vendors that made sure everything went smoothly and of course I have won the lottery in the husband department! If I think really hard I could maybe come up with a thing or two that was not perfect or that I would have done different, but all in all we had a beautful wedding and reception and it was absolutely everything I dreamed of and more! :love:

That is AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to see pictures :appl:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple of pics on my iPhone I thought I could post real quick. Please forgive the greened out faces as I'm trying to remain somewhat anonymous on this public forum. These are not pro pics! First is of the bridal party and the second is of us on our honeymoon showing off the bling for the camera! :Up_to_something:

picture_002.jpg

picture_001.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Even with green faces, you look stunning! I love your dress so much! And I am so jealous that your DH is wearing white (I love love LOVE grooms in white tuxes, but FI won't even consider it), and your groomsmen are in turquoise vests and ties (FI has decided that blue is "too girly" for his groomsmen to wear, lol). I'm just loving your menswear, and the bridesmaids look beautiful, too. But your dress completely steals the show. I love it!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1343677958|3243108 said:
Even with green faces, you look stunning! I love your dress so much! And I am so jealous that your DH is wearing white (I love love LOVE grooms in white tuxes, but FI won't even consider it), and your groomsmen are in turquoise vests and ties (FI has decided that blue is "too girly" for his groomsmen to wear, lol). I'm just loving your menswear, and the bridesmaids look beautiful, too. But your dress completely steals the show. I love it!

Thanks! I will get a better pic of my dress up here soon. I loved the colors we finally ended up with. DH wanted light blue as a color, so we got close to what he wanted with the turquoise. I suggested the white tux to him and he loved the idea! Some people see it as a dated look, but I think he looked AWESOME! :love:

Blue is too girly? Haha, I don't understand! What color does he want them in? Grey or black?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Some more non pro pics of the ceremony:

Walking down the aisle:

pixxx1111_001.jpg

The harpist:

pixxx1111_003.jpg

The bridal party by the water:

pixxx1111_004.jpg

The flower girls sharing petals...so cute!:

pixxx1111_005.jpg

Walking as Mr. and Mrs.!

pixxx1111_002.jpg

With my parents where we did the family pics:

pixxx1111_006.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1343679834|3243139 said:
Blue is too girly? Haha, I don't understand! What color does he want them in? Grey or black?

I know, right? Blue is the iconic "boy" color. But it is too "girly" for his higness, apparently. I think they will be in light grey/silver vests and ties. How that is less girly, I do not know, but I'm not going to dictate what Fi and his groomsmen have to do. Oh, well.

Your pictures are gorgeous! It looks like such a beautiful ceremony!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to share one more pic that I like because it shows the aisle decor and chairs:

pixxx11112_001.jpg

:D

All in all our ceremony was pretty awesome. DH and I didn't cry when we said our vows, the weather cooperated, my decor and bridal party looked good, and everything went on time. No one fell down! :loopy:

I didn't like that the grass was so brown, but we were in a drought with the weather being in the mid 90s for weeks. Then it just happened to rain the day before the wedding. I was freaking out, but the rain the day before ended up being a good thing because it cooled down the temperature to high 70s! My guests were comfortable!

We did pics before the ceremony so we got some good ones of us alone by the water, we got some jewelry pics, first look pics and some of us both juggling at the same time. I cannot wait to see them! One more week for those and reception pics! All my reception pics by friends are blurry or dark, so I don't really have good ones to share.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1343752929|3243679 said:
gem_anemone|1343679834|3243139 said:

I know, right? Blue is the iconic "boy" color. But it is too "girly" for his higness, apparently. I think they will be in light grey/silver vests and ties. How that is less girly, I do not know, but I'm not going to dictate what Fi and his groomsmen have to do. Oh, well.

Your pictures are gorgeous! It looks like such a beautiful ceremony!

Thank you, so much! We really had a great day!

Silver or grey sounds nice for your groomsmen!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you have a fairy princess dress! While that isn't my style, I can really appreciate the overall look..Yay for a fabulous day for you and your HUSBAND!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1343758636|3243735 said:
I love that you have a fairy princess dress! While that isn't my style, I can really appreciate the overall look..Yay for a fabulous day for you and your HUSBAND!!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Thank you! I had some friends that were surprised by my choice as well, but honestly so was I at first! I tried on a lot of dresses and it just happened to be the one that I loved. I finally accepted the fact that I wanted to "go big" or "go home" LOL :lol: There was another dress that was not a princess dress that I loved, but it was WAY over budget.

I have an engaged relative who was upset at my wedding about my choice of dress. She imagined me in something different. Her wedding is coming up, she has not picked a dress, but my dress was her "dream dress". Yikes! :errrr: I said "girl, get whatever you want! No one will even remember what I had on when they are looking at you!"

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1343761073|3243755 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1343758636|3243735 said:

Thank you! I had some friends that were surprised by my choice as well, but honestly so was I at first! I tried on a lot of dresses and it just happened to be the one that I loved. I finally accepted the fact that I wanted to "go big" or "go home" LOL :lol: There was another dress that was not a princess dress that I loved, but it was WAY over budget.

I have an engaged relative who was upset at my wedding about my choice of dress. She imagined me in something different. Her wedding is coming up, she has not picked a dress, but my dress was her "dream dress". Yikes! :errrr: I said "girl, get whatever you want! No one will even remember what I had on when they are looking at you!"

I didn't go with the dress I thought I would either lol...Maybe its that way for every bride?! Ah well, at least you felt fabulous and I'm sure I will too! :)

Um, for her to be upset at YOUR dress choice, is just selfish! It wasn't her wedding and she may be surprised, but there are other brides out there that will be getting married before her! Too bad if she didn't like it. At least you were gracious enough to tell her to do her own thing and get what she wants. I probably would have given her the look and went 'for real?!' lol...she may be just like you and I and choose something totally different than what she originally imagined for herself! :lol:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I did actually think it was rude, but not atypical behavior from this individual. :twirl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1343766503|3243804 said:
I did actually think it was rude, but not atypical behavior from this individual. :twirl:

Wedding planning does tend to make people crazy, so maybe she was just having a moment :???:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Fairy princess dresses for the win! I was originally looking at sleek styles but they looked a) bad on my body type and b) kind of casual, not as "wedding-y" as I wanted to feel. I want adamantly against princess dresses, but I tried one on and BAM! Love. But your dress is just gorgeous, and looks absolutely perfect on you. I love it!

That was very gracious of you to tell your relative she could wear any dress she wanted to. Rude of her to even bring it up on your wedding day, but a gracious response from you, and really, in the grand scheme of things, who cares what dress she wears, right? It will never take anything away from your beautiful day.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Adding to this are some pics of my DIY projects. I don't have pro pics yet, so these are just from my iPhone and they are not at the reception location.

Our cake topper, the heart has our initials on it:
aamrandmrs.jpg

Our table identifcation:
aapacman_001.jpg

We had 22 characters including a bride and groom and these are some of them:
aaalltablenos.jpg

These are the favors!
aapacman_002.jpg

I don't have a good pic of the card box or the champagne flutes. I'll have to take some more pics soon. :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE those crazy personal touches! I bet people remember them..very cool Gem! :appl:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT! I cannot show my fiance, or he will most definitely want to splash 8-bit video game characters all over everything at our wedding. Seriously, he would be all over that. Haha. I would love it too, if we didn't already have our plans in place. What an amazing job you did. Love the idea of pics instead of numbers/names for the tables. And that cake topper is awesome!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both! The video game/8-bit theme was well received by the people who worked the venue, our friends and family! Everyone loved it! Many said they felt like we put just enough of a personal touch on the reception to make it unique and very "us". :D

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone|1344971646|3251406 said:
Thank you both! The video game/8-bit theme was well received by the people who worked the venue, our friends and family! Everyone loved it! Many said they felt like we put just enough of a personal touch on the reception to make it unique and very "us". :D

I totally agree! It wasn't going overboard, but differentiated you between every other wedding, ya know? It's the perfect amount, in my opinion!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results