shape
carat
color
clarity

Gary Braun asscher peridot in a JKT double bezel!!!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I bought my asscher peridot from Gary Braun last year and just now got around to setting it. Info about the stone can be found here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/7-8mm-of-green-goodness-asscher-peridot-is-here.144655/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/7-8mm-of-green-goodness-asscher-peridot-is-here.144655/[/URL]

I booked Julia Kay Taylor sometime in February for a spot in October and she was able to get to my project a few weeks early. I was a little bit nervous with my decision after reading a few posts on here where a few of you were displeased with her settings. However, she did not disappoint! I am so in love with this ring, it is definitely one of my favorite pieces of jewelry!!! It is made from argentium silver (I just could not afford to go with white gold) and the band is approximately 3mm wide. The ring is actually a tad too tight (measures as just over a size 4 on my mandrel and it was supposed to be a 4.25) so its going back to Julia for a small adjustment.

Here are some quick pics from my iPhone and I'll post more from my camera later today...

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
A couple more iPhone pics. I'll be back with more later :bigsmile:

IMG_1030.JPG

JKT peridot 001.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Great ring! I love the brushed look and the peridot is great.

And now, I'm going to be that girl. What's the name of your nailpolish? :naughty:

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful, I really love the peridot.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely. I want a piece by her. Please come back with more photos!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's really beautiful! I love the way the double bezel turned out, and the Argentium sets off the peridot really well. Congratulations!

And your little helper is adorable!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and such a pretty cat!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love that ring! Love that cat too!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmmm... :lickout:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!! What i size of that peridot?

I think JKT is great most of the time. I personally don't have any problem with any of the pieces I had custom done by her. My personal issue is the wait time and the fact that her prices have gone way up since I first started to work with her (but then again that is what happens when you get to be in-demand).

Anyhow your ring is lovely!!!!! I'm a huge fan of the double bezel! more pictures! :cheeky:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! it looks gorgeous on your long elegant fingers! Me and my short stubbies are jealous =)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous. The silver and green work so well together and your Peridot looks almost nuclear with that glow! W :love: W

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh Stargurl! Asschers are my weakness! Soooo pretty!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats really lovely! Its a beautiful color!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it looks stunning! The color is so alive and I love the cut of the stone.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Novel - Thank you! And I am a nail polish junkie so no worries :bigsmile: Its Sally Hansen (Xtreme Wear) in "Grey Area".

Lottie UK - I love the peridot too! I don't always like peridot but this one is such a beautiful green.

Bright Ice - Thank you! The craftmanship really is excellent, I'm very pleased with it. I'll have more pics shortly :naughty:

Aoife - Thank you! And my little helper says thanks too :wink2:

ForteKitty, JewelFreak, lavatea, artdecogirl, and tyty333
- Thank you all for you kind words!

Sarahbear - The peridot is 7.8 x 7.8 mm (2.82 ct). I know, the wait is a bit crazy. The only reason it worked well for me is I got married in June, so I was pretty broke this year. The long wait allowed me to save a little each month to put towards it.

LovingDiamonds - I was worried that this stone would look better in yellow gold but I just don't like the look of it on me. I am so happy I went with the silver though, because I love it with the green :love:

kelpie - It's pricescope's fault! I never would have know what an asscher was if not for PS and now I'm obsessed!

LisaRN - Thank you! Gary really did an awesome job on the cut.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Outdoor pics (you can see in the 1st pic that its a tad too tight):

JKT peridot 010.JPG

JKT peridot 011.JPG

JKT peridot 031.JPG

JKT peridot 032.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Warning - I got a little crazy so there are lots of pics!

JKT peridot 036.JPG

JKT peridot 042.JPG

JKT peridot 044.JPG

JKT peridot 050.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Some indoor shots while she's modeling on the window sill:

JKT peridot 053.JPG

JKT peridot 054.JPG

JKT peridot 055.JPG

JKT peridot 057.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
And a few more hand shots (these are the last ones, I swear!):

JKT peridot 059.JPG

JKT peridot 060.JPG

JKT peridot 066.JPG

JKT peridot 070.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I also have to add that Julia was once of my favorite people that I have communicated with for a jewelry project. She is SOOO fricken nice (and believe me, I send way too many emails and nit-pick over the tiniest things). I definitely recommend her.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone !!!! Geeez the glow !!!!

And your pictures are excellent !
I really love your furry friend :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, how pretty!! Love your kitty too!

T

talamasca

:love: oh my, your ring and stone are gorgeous. I so need an asscher!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh that is a beautiful stone and a beautiful ring. Periodot is my birthstone and I never realized how gorgeous it could be!! :love:
Love your sweet kitty too!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
oooShiney - Thank you! It was so hard to get good pictures of this stone but in my favor, it was a beautiful day out so we had lots of sun. It is quite a glowy stone, I was sad to part with it to send it back to Julia to be re-sized ;(

Laila and talamasca - Thank you for your kind words!

missy -Thank you! I don't normally like peridot either since its usually olive green or yellowish but my favorite color is green and I thought this one was beautiful.

ETA: I forgot to mention that this setting was inspired by LTP's double-bezel scapolite ring. I just thought credit should be given where it is due. Lauren if you're reading this, we miss you around here! (And I hope it's ok that I had a ring made similar to yours!).

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a post yesterday, but it was my cell phone, and somehow things were lost in translation, sorry...

This is a beautiful stone, and Gary has an eye for color, no doubt! The ring is elegant, classy and suits your long tapered fingers very well. The photos are great, and the perspective is amazing. Congratulations!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a beauty :sun:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The peridot is well saturated with that limey green that jumps out to the eye. Add to the size being large enough to show off that miles deep look, it's bound to catch attention. The setting is also beautiful in its simplicity, with the double bezel showing off the hexagonal outline.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your compliments crasru, mariedtiger, and chrono!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results