shape
carat
color
clarity

Garry''s Adventures in India

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Check it out: The Palace on Wheels - The adventure. Hips of amazing pictures
36.gif
Thanks, Garry.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool and interesting adventure! Absolutely beautiful and breathtaking pictures, thanks for sharing them with us Leonid/Garry
1.gif

Also I tried to rate it and respond, but it wouldn't let me
40.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!! that was a fun trip for me!! thanks for sharing!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, Garry...looks like you guys had a good time!!!!
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a great trip! Great pix! Although I have to say I''m a little horrified at the camel''s nose peg...I think that''s what it''s called. Must feel great to be led around by a nose ring
38.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thoroughly enjoyed "your" trip--between you and RW (road to Burma--colored stones), I need never leave my house!!!!

cheers--Sharon

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Gary, thank you for sharing your experiences! You are fortunate if it took a day or two to get a sore arse from the camels. LOL. I was sore after a few hours. LOL. Can''t imagine how someone rode them for an extended amount of time. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts & images!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow what great photos. Beautiful train. I once visited that same area but as a poor student. Not that Indias expensive or anything but I was on a budget. Someday i''d like to go back and do it in style.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Great pictoral review Garry.

One of my goals is to visit the Taj Mahal. A college friend composed a work for orchestra based on Shah Jehen, his wife, their 14 children and the mausoleum. For people looking at your photos of the pietra dura art: There are 50 inlaid gemstones every 3 cm!

Thank you for sharing this.
36.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Great trek Garry!

I''ve only been there once, but love the people, the country and the food is second to none!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad it has provided a little enjoyment for you''all.

I do this stuff for my staff and friends - kinda a diary / journal.
Leonid has asked me to publish my trade / business ones too - but will need to strip out some trade secrets first.

BTW I too travelled this region as a (funny weed smokin) BackPacker more than 30 years ago. we arrived at the taj as the sun was rising and a group of us travelling in a small bus driven by a French merchant seaman who was a real "black pete" carachter - any way one of the guys was an accomplished flortist (flutist?) and he played inside with only a dozen of us - the echos last for 30 seconds - so wile he played in the same key it sounded like 30 flutes - it still raises the hairs on my neck to think about it.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Garry,

Thanks for sharing your pictures - they are great! I can see why your group was getting "Forted out"! Still those were some amazing buildings, and the Taj Mahal was beautiful.

I had an experience similar to yours at the taj while on a backpacking trip in the Escalante Wilderness - way up a slot canyon was a cone shaped amphitheater with a pool at the bottom. One of the fellows had brought his simple keyless flute along. It too echoed around the chamber and was hair raising....you could almost feel the Anasazi Indian spirits all around you....

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Everyone should experiance the Taj at some time in their life.

A door man seemed to think I might be a big tipper and gave us a little tour - he shone his torch on the marble peitra dure to show that all the gemstones stones are translucent. He then gave out a mosque style town criers wail at the top of his voice - startled the 50 or so other tourists inside - but you could hear the echo echo echo
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results