shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnet ring

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Hello. Here are some photos of a ring my grandmother willed to my daughter before her passing. I’m 90% sure it is garnet as that was my grandmothers birthstone. 10k gold. Mark looks to be a combined VR. I’m not sure it is antique but it is likely old. Anyone have any thoughts on it? All I know is what I’ve wrote here.

9AF3B936-8B5F-4C15-B823-9D77961F7AB6.jpeg 466FF28A-194F-4DBE-92EA-1740CED0B1FF.jpeg 2F47B879-C54E-46BC-9E6B-B67918027777.jpeg 1BAAAF7D-E439-482F-9AED-520B8A71F3C1.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its very pretty
i hope someone (your daughter) is wearing it
how lovelly to have great grandma's ring

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! Looks like a rhodolite garnet.
The solitaire twist setting is very Mid-Century in style.
1950's-60's, is my guess.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter is 3 but will get it when she is older. Thank you
oh that's so lovelly
in mum's instructions for her jewlery after she died she left a ring to her granddaughter for her 16th birthday
so i think that's just lovelly nan left a ring for your daughter

and i must say i love your username !

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
oh that's so lovelly
in mum's instructions for her jewlery after she died she left a ring to her granddaughter for her 16th birthday
so i think that's just lovelly nan left a ring for your daughter

and i must say i love your username !

My daughters middle name was Nan’s first name. She was supposed to be born in January like Nan so Nan said the garnet was hers, but my little girl does everything on her own terms so she came early on Christmas Eve. My grandmother was so important to me, so I treasure the jewelry she gave me. She also gave me her wedding band when I was married 9 years ago - she didn’t want anyone to fight over it after she died and she didn’t in wills.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughters middle name was Nan’s first name. She was supposed to be born in January like Nan so Nan said the garnet was hers, but my little girl does everything on her own terms so she came early on Christmas Eve. My grandmother was so important to me, so I treasure the jewelry she gave me. She also gave me her wedding band when I was married 9 years ago - she didn’t want anyone to fight over it after she died and she didn’t in wills.
that's so lovelly
what a wounderful nan she must have been and your daughter will be reminded of her even if she doesn't remember much about her
i have my great grandma's wedding ring even though i never knew her and it inspired me to learn more about her

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results