shape
carat
color
clarity

Game : order your favorite diamond (only optical light)

Eloan

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I'm still need your help, with something I don't know : choosing with the optical light so there is my little game :)
In order to help me, could you please order your favorite diamond below, they are all in my budget, differents sizes..All the HCA are under 2, this is all "ideal cut", they are from G to H - from SI1 to VVS2- eyes cleaned :)

Please help me to found the good one for my necklace :)

upload_2017-7-9_21-14-13.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These hearts and arrows images are just one piece of information used for selection. Do you have stats such as table, depth, crown/pavilion angles for any of the stones? Are they graded by a reputable lab? No one can give you a good answer based on just these images.

Eloan

Rough_Rock
All are ideal signature, good cut, table, depth, good looking.
All are GIA certificate, 3 EX
And all diamond came from the "ideal selection" of the only website i can use from France.
This is the last choice...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4 (H VS1) is gorgeous and the best, in my opinion. It's the one I would buy.

For others: To see the diamonds, you have to press control/enter when you have your cursor pointing to a link to a stone on BN.

kanise

Rough_Rock
for a comparison of light performance, it would be better to have something like ASET or idealscope images. I think it may be a little misleading to try to compare just based on H&A imaging, unless you are asking which has the best H&A pattern?

Eloan

Rough_Rock
Ok... I will make a picture tonight.

For you which one has the best H&A pattern ?

kanise

Rough_Rock
Thanks you !!! :D
based on the pictures posted #4 does not have the best hearts and arrows pattern, but that is not to say it may not be a beautiful stone. its just not a H&A cut.

Eloan

Rough_Rock
I ordered the number 4 yesterday and I have doubt now :(

defy525

Rough_Rock
I ordered the number 4 yesterday and I have doubt now :(
what is your concern? I think you won't go wrong with number 4 too

defy525

Rough_Rock
Because Kanise said that it's not a true H&A
Kanise is correct. A true H&A diamond needs high degree of symmetric and narrow range of proportions.
H&A is only one of the many features for selecting your diamond. I think your diamond has good symmetric and nice proportions, it should look great in real life.

btw, why is bluenile the only website for you accessing in France :?: Many online vendors ship to France...

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
why is bluenile the only website for you accessing in France :?: Many online vendors ship to France...

I suspect because they have an all in one price inclusive of VAT that doesn't require the op to pay anything else before they can receive their diamond.

defy525

Rough_Rock
I suspect because they have an all in one price inclusive of VAT that doesn't require the op to pay anything else before they can receive their diamond.
ah..I see
I have checked that the VAT of France is 19.6%
With his budget (including VAT), I think he still can find some nice stones in Whiteflash.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 then maybe 1 but based on the limited info available here, I could not choose any of them without more info.

Eloan

Rough_Rock

This is the reason ! :) With Whiteflash for examples (I check James Allen too) they will send the diamond using FEDEX, but FEDEX doesn't do the controls asked by my government.

So I have to found a company who will do the controls, apply 20% of VAT for the french governe
ment and apply her commission too : it's around 200€ commission :(

BlueNile sell his diamond french VAT included, no detax, no third part... no commission.

Eloan

Rough_Rock
I'm a girl by the way ;-)

defy525

Rough_Rock
I'm a girl by the way ;-)
ahhh, sorry ;-)
200€ commission is unacceptable~!
I don't know much about the duty and tax in Europe countries. If it is complicated, then stick with bluenile and number 4 is a good choice. Enjoy : )

Eloan

Rough_Rock
As I already ordered the number 4 yesterday evening, everything should be okay ! :) . It's not a H&A but it's a pretty one, and... in fact it will be "mine" so... :D
thanks you for everything to all of you :)

lolov

Rough_Rock
Kanise is correct. A true H&A diamond needs high degree of symmetric and narrow range of proportions.
H&A is only one of the many features for selecting your diamond. I think your diamond has good symmetric and nice proportions, it should look great in real life.

btw, why is bluenile the only website for you accessing in France :?: Many online vendors ship to France...
Congratulations on the purchase! I agree, I think the other poster was just pointing out the H&A because the pictures you posted are H&A pictures. There are many beautiful stones that are not true H&A. Most diamonds are not "true" H&A, even ones that perform well optically. Unless somebody was trying to sell you number 4 as a H&A diamond I would not be too concerned. It looks good in the pictures, but obviously we cannot truly evaluate optical performance without other type of data like an ASET image.

Also, just because it may not be "true" H&A does not mean you will not see H&A :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful stone cut in a hearts and arrows design, and a great stone as far as Blue Nile goes. You have to order from one of the hearts and arrows vendors to get a very top cut one. But #4 is lovely and certainly will be a nice diamond. Most people couldn't look at a diamond and see the the difference in two stones that were true H&A and almost H&A.

I actually woudln't have chosen just from those images of hearts and arrows. I looked at the video of the stone and thought it was a beautiful GIA Excellent cut diamond.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like the OP went with one of BN's Sig Ideal stones which while cut relatively well to most stones on the market, are not anywhere close (the vast majority of the time) to what we would expect from a H&A stone from WF, BGD, CBI or GOG.

lolov

Rough_Rock
Looks like the OP went with one of BN's Sig Ideal stones which while cut relatively well to most stones on the market, are not anywhere close (the vast majority of the time) to what we would expect from a H&A stone from WF, BGD, CBI or GOG.
I think people were trying to reassure the OP that although it is not a "true" H&A pattern, it was not being advertised as a "true" H&A stone. Most excellent/ideal cut stones are not "true" H&A and still have very nice cuts and you can still see the H&A pattern clearly. If you want a "true" H&A stone you can find one, but with a premium.

Eloan

Rough_Rock
I'm reassure don't worry guys :) everything is ok and I want to thank you all for everything, I learnt a lot !
Next episode : show you the bling ! :D

I choose a setting to "start" just to wear my pendant, but I will do my own setting for christmas :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results