shape
carat
color
clarity

Game Face

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The topic of stories of when you thought he''d propose lead me to start a new thread...

Ever practice your "game face," ladies? You know, the expression you''ll use to hide your disappointment in the event that you''re thinking he''s about to propose, but doesn''t?

I''m practicing mine for this weekend. He talked to my dad last weekend (I have no idea what about), and we''re going away this weekend to a location that has some significance for us. He''s leaving on Monday for the entire week, though, so I''m thinking he won''t do it this weekend and then leave for a week...right?

9.gif
<----game face.

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
27.gif
.......my game face lol

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My game face TOTALLY failed me last time...

...this time, I''m trying not to think about it, so that I don''t even have to put it on...but it looks something like this:
40.gif
LOL

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping he stops disappointing me..so i have been practicing my face for when he actually proposes!
30.gif

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
I have a terrible game face!!! You can read my emotions all over my face no matter how hard I try to disguise myself. Although I''ve never actually had an occasion where I thought he would propose, but I know that in the future I won''t be able to hide it at all. Maybe I should just wear a costume mask or something!!!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
monarch, how long have you guys been dating? Just wondering, I can''t remember!

btw, this is the cutest thread
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lilyfoot--less than a year. We''ve been together since last September.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Hee hee practicing this is probably a good idea. I haven''t had him disappoint me yet, which is probably why.

I *will* prob have to have one tho. I''d prefer an extravagant proposal, like something uber-planned and romantic. However, knowing him it will be very low key. And that''s fine, its completely up to him, but if we have a big night out and it doesn''t happen, I''ll be using the game face for sure.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I should probably practice a game face. I haven''t thought to prepare one but I know I''ll need it. When I''m disappointed I really can''t hide it. I''ll probably just try and be quiet and maybe not look him in the eye too much so I don''t give myself away lol

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Threadjacking a bit-

In two weeks we''re going to a 3 games of baseball. Both of our favorite teams are playing each other and we both LOVE LOVE baseball.

So now I''m thinking maybe I *shouldn''t* stop practicing my disappointed face which DID look like this:
14.gif

I should go practice this:
16.gif

Since we all are very aware that he has disappointed many many times hahah and can''t put anything past him.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
thats when my boyfriend and i got together too :) looks like im not so crazy for wanting an engagement already! when ya know, ya know? right?

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I vote for ditching the game face and adopting the expression that the adorable kiddo in your avatar has.
11.gif

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
5.gif
this is probably the closest to my poker face as I like to call it..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 11:42:13 PM
Author: babycush
I vote for ditching the game face and adopting the expression that the adorable kiddo in your avatar has.
11.gif
Haha--yeah, that''s probably what my face will look like if he doesn''t propose this weekend instead of the serene look I''m going for. I''m also in the camp of people who have trouble hiding their emotions because my face apparently is very expressive, which is why I have to practice the game face!

That''s my niece, btw. My brother was telling her to make faces and she came up with some pretty good ones but that was the cutest!

He''s acting abnormally calm, aka not nervous or weird. Or maybe he''s just being himself and I''m projecting. Last night before we went to sleep, I said to him "I''m really looking forward to spending the weekend with you," and he said "it''s going to be exciting."
23.gif
All we have planned so far is to see the Reds play on Sunday. A baseball game is fun, yes, but exciting? I mean, it''s not Game 7 or anything...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 2:42:20 PM
Author: monarch64
Lilyfoot--less than a year. We''ve been together since last September.
Oh, ok. Just curious
1.gif

monarch & nicoleben: I could never judge based on length of relationship .. we were engaged at 6 months, and married 4 months after that
2.gif
I never had any doubts that he was the man I would spend the rest of my life with.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Not worth practicing. I can do a great game face when I want but for something like this my subconscious desire for him to know I''m disappointed usually wins and he knows me too well to not see through that. Which I''m ok with, I''d probably end up telling him I was disappointed even if he couldn''t already tell.

That being said, I''m still ok with it not happening yet so I have no need for a game face.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and duh (how did I forget?!), I''m sending you major proposal dust for this weekend, monarch!!!

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
I have never thought of this! Actually, I did "practice" once when we went on a big trip to my favorite place on earth with a ton of friends. There would have been so many perfect opportunities to propose. He suggested that we go do something just the two of us - and I said sure but i have to use the restroom first. I washed my face, deep breathes, kept repeating "There is no way he could hide it from me out here." "he''s too calm" calm down, breathe and enjoy where ever we''re going.

GOOD thing i had a little ME time before we left because I would have had serious game face issues. I knew it wasn''t going to happen - but it just seemed to perfect to not prepare for a letdown. lol. That sounds AWFUL now that I read it.

We''re going again this winter...maybe this time. :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2010 1:07:26 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Oh, and duh (how did I forget?!), I''m sending you major proposal dust for this weekend, monarch!!!
Many thanks, Lilyfoot!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
There''s no point in me practicing a game face, BF can read my moods like a friggen book!

When I tought he might propose (logically I knew he wouldn''t but that didn''t stop me getting excited) he picked up on my glowing gushyness right away and just said "You know I''m not proposing tonight right?".

I worry far more that it has just been SOOOO LONG waiting for a proposal that I have desensitised myself and I will show no emotional reaction when he finally does propose.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No proposal this weekend....but!

I just found a B&W printout of a ring pic in the garage! Hee hee...it was underneath another printout of a % off coupon for a great Italian restaurant downtown, and that one was dated 6/22/10. Happenstance is a very cool thing sometimes, I have developed a talent of not snooping and honestly this one sort of fell into my lap, literally.
36.gif

ETA: 4Ever--I doubt you will be entirely void of emotion when your BF finally proposes! At the very least you'll have the relief thing going for you! J/k. I honestly don't think desensitization will be an issue. It will more likely be a case of having things finally come to fruition and you will both be ecstatic and emotional.
35.gif

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 12:47:55 AM
Author: monarch64
No proposal this weekend....but!

I just found a B&W printout of a ring pic in the garage! Hee hee...it was underneath another printout of a % off coupon for a great Italian restaurant downtown, and that one was dated 6/22/10. Happenstance is a very cool thing sometimes, I have developed a talent of not snooping and honestly this one sort of fell into my lap, literally.
36.gif

ETA: 4Ever--I doubt you will be entirely void of emotion when your BF finally proposes! At the very least you''ll have the relief thing going for you! J/k. I honestly don''t think desensitization will be an issue. It will more likely be a case of having things finally come to fruition and you will both be ecstatic and emotional.
35.gif

OOOOOHHHH what did the ring look like???!!!
6.gif
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GBF--it was an oval center with pear sidestones set in plat. I''m going to assume that it was an "example" as he told me a couple months ago he was having the ring made locally. Not sure where he''s sourcing the diamond(s) from.
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results