shape
carat
color
clarity

FYI: New Fiesta Ware Color!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think a couple of people on this board mentioned they were into Fiesta Ware (like me :bigsmile: ).

I just wanted to give everybody a heads up on a whole new color; Marigold!

I've seen it in real life, and it's a very rich yellow, more orangey than the regular yellow. I likes it and I'm gonna get me some! :appl:

Here's the link; http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/

I can't wait until they make the baby teapot in Marigold! http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/p-172-teapot-2-cup.aspx I like to put in water, a tea bag and just put the whole shebang in the microwave. Very convenient! Ugh, don't get me started on my Fiesta fetish . . .

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color! I don't know anything about Fiesta Ware though. What makes you into it?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
merilenda said:
I love the color! I don't know anything about Fiesta Ware though. What makes you into it?

I don't know what everyone else likes about it, but I like the retro styling, the way it looks all colorful in my kitchen (I have 6 colors now, marigold will make 7! :appl: ) and the way it reminds me of eating at my aunt's house when I was a kid. Some people collect the antique pieces that sell for big $$ and some buy the new stuff because it can go in the oven, the microwave or freezer. It's sturdy stuff! The colors are so vivid, it even cheers me up to see a whole dishwasher full of Fiesta. There are different styles for everyone; imagine a 50's kitchen with red and turquoise or a modern look with the square dishes in all black or dark brown. It's just oddly compelling . . .

I found some articles on the net, if you want to read a bit more;

http://sweetsouthernsunshine.blogspot.com/2009/07/fiesta.html

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/may/17/fiesta-ware-inspires-rabid-collectors/

Plus it's all made in the US of A!!

fiesta.jpg

fiestaware.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I this color of natural origin per GIA?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:
:lol: :lol:

Actually, all the colors are natural per the DIA (Dishes Institute of Analysis) except for the 1950's and '60's red. That was irradiated.

No Seriously.

They achieved the red color using uranium.

I prefer the new red stuff. :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1306963563|2935655 said:
kenny said:
:lol: :lol:

Actually, all the colors are natural per the DIA (Dishes Institute of Analysis) except for the 1950's and '60's red. That was irradiated.

No Seriously.

They achieved the red color using uranium.

I prefer the new red stuff. :bigsmile:
Yeah, GIA always has trouble grading that 50s/60s red Fiesta Ware. :D

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I am absolutely diggin that color! I really like the dishes they sell. I know nothing about Fiesta but now I'm curious! I love bright colors.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1306964245|2935666 said:
I am absolutely diggin that color! I really like the dishes they sell. I know nothing about Fiesta but now I'm curious! I love bright colors.

Watch out, Autumn! You'll get hooked! :naughty:

If you go to google images and put in fiestaware or fiesta ware, you'll see gobs of photos. It's a thing, I swear it's not just me. :bigsmile:

You should see it somewhere in person, and then if they don't have the color or piece you want, use the factory link below. It's heavy duty, retro stuff, it's best to get a feel for it in Real life. Here's a list of retailers, it's really in a ton of stores, but the stores have the boring stuff:

http://www.hlchina.com/fiestastorelist.htm

I've never seen the best pieces in stores, I always order on line. I like the vases; http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/c-16-vases.aspx and the carafes; http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/p-120-carafe.aspx I have seen the sugar set and the salt and pepper in stores, but not the individual sugar which is so art deco (scroll down) http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/c-2-countertop-accessories.aspx

Once you get on the mailing list, they email you with a lot of special offers.

lemongrass-fiestaware.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that color! I haven't seen it in person - is it in stores? I don't have any Fiesta ware, but I'm planning to replace my dishes with it this summer. I'm definitely getting the scarlet, I wanted a gold (the marigold looks perfect), maybe one of the greens, and one of the dark blues. It is made in West Virginia, which is where I live. There is a Fiesta factory store about an hour from my house that has famous tent sales. People bring wagons and stand in line for hours. I'm not into that, but one of my coworkers goes every year and gets some really good deals.

My hubby and I were looking at it one day in a store, and 3 people told us that we'd never regret buying it because it will last forever. I'm excited to get started!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: i love the new color. we have all cobalt now (wedding registry gifts!) but i NEED to mix in marigold. but how? i already have a full 8-piece set of dinnerware. and all my cooking/serving dishes are cobalt too. there are a few pieces i still want/need but is it weird to have all dinnerware & most everything else in one color. then a few pieces here & there in a second color??

btw, i got into fiesta b/c we were searching for everyday dinnerware (already gifted an antique set of china) for our wedding registry. we had settled on a super cheapy solid cobalt set, then a friend suggested we look into fiestaware b/c that's what they were registering for & she knew they had cobalt (they went with multi-colors). so, that's what we did. then when a third friend got married her & the fi could not agree on dishes. i happen to send her a package & used on of our fiestaware boxes; he saw the box & perked up, "what's that?? i like that." she explained that those were the dishes we chose & they ended up registering for fiestaware too (turquoise, which i LOVE btw!)!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
lulu, get whatever colors you like; things don't have to be so matchy-matchy anymore. The Dillard's here in D/FW always do displays with Fiesta Ware and their patterned dishes together.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We registered for Fiestaware as well! White, Black, and Shamrock! I am so excited!!! Once we move and have more cabinet space, I plan on getting a ton of the purple and blues as well!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I purchased scarlet, sea mist, sunflower and peacock (i.e., red, green, yellow and blue) fiestaware dishes for our 100 year old lake cabin. It seems to fit with the place. My very favorite color is the green sea mist. Food just looks good on it. The color is discontinued, but still pretty easy to get more pieces. I'm trying to not go overboard on different colors, but of course, I had to buy a few pieces of radioactive red for display! :devil:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
lulu66 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: i love the new color. we have all cobalt now (wedding registry gifts!) but i NEED to mix in marigold. but how? i already have a full 8-piece set of dinnerware. and all my cooking/serving dishes are cobalt too. there are a few pieces i still want/need but is it weird to have all dinnerware & most everything else in one color. then a few pieces here & there in a second color??

btw, i got into fiesta b/c we were searching for everyday dinnerware (already gifted an antique set of china) for our wedding registry. we had settled on a super cheapy solid cobalt set, then a friend suggested we look into fiestaware b/c that's what they were registering for & she knew they had cobalt (they went with multi-colors). so, that's what we did. then when a third friend got married her & the fi could not agree on dishes. i happen to send her a package & used on of our fiestaware boxes; he saw the box & perked up, "what's that?? i like that." she explained that those were the dishes we chose & they ended up registering for fiestaware too (turquoise, which i LOVE btw!)!!
I have a cobalt pitcher that I've had forever, it snuck into my cabinets before I even knew what fiesta was. :lol: I love turquoise, it is SO cool in the large vase, it's like 1953 in the house!

Which place settings do you have? The one with mugs, teacups or square? If you look on the upper left corner, you can see how they used the little square bowls on top, you could do those in marigold on top of the cobalt. http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/c-12-place-settings.aspx

Or you could get the bread and butter plates which are really small and don't come with the settings. Then a couple of serving bowls in marigold. I don't think it's weird, I think it would be nice to change it up. Maybe all dark for winter and mixed for summer? Or mixed year round for variety.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
deegee|1306987539|2936003 said:
I love that color! I haven't seen it in person - is it in stores? I don't have any Fiesta ware, but I'm planning to replace my dishes with it this summer. I'm definitely getting the scarlet, I wanted a gold (the marigold looks perfect), maybe one of the greens, and one of the dark blues. It is made in West Virginia, which is where I live. There is a Fiesta factory store about an hour from my house that has famous tent sales. People bring wagons and stand in line for hours. I'm not into that, but one of my coworkers goes every year and gets some really good deals.

My hubby and I were looking at it one day in a store, and 3 people told us that we'd never regret buying it because it will last forever. I'm excited to get started!

The full marigold assortment is not in stores yet, I got an email that it was going to be released (hence my thread) and shipping starts mid-June. Some stores may still have the early marigold pre-launch pieces (a big turkey platter, a tureen) so you can at least see the color in RL. I saw the trays and it is a luscious, rich color so I am excited. You are SO lucky to be by the factory store, you can wander around and try different pieces and colors together! :appl:

My aunt's set, which she used daily with three boys, has pieces from the mid-60's on. They're in pretty good shape, a couple of little chips on the bottoms, but overall good shape. I gave her the baby teapot in turquoise for Christmas and she was thrilled. I think next year I'll introduce her to lemongrass, she doesn't have any since it's a newer color.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1307063375|2936580 said:
I purchased scarlet, sea mist, sunflower and peacock (i.e., red, green, yellow and blue) fiestaware dishes for our 100 year old lake cabin. It seems to fit with the place. My very favorite color is the green sea mist. Food just looks good on it. The color is discontinued, but still pretty easy to get more pieces. I'm trying to not go overboard on different colors, but of course, I had to buy a few pieces of radioactive red for display! :devil:

I love the sea mist and I don't have any of that either! :((

I really like the lilac, another color missing from my collection. Did you ever notice in the sitcom "rules of engagement" the neighbors (not the main character couple, can't remember their names) have a lilac teapot on their kitchen shelf? Envy! :Up_to_something:

I know I can get these colors on ebay but they're pricey, and I SWORE to myself that this would be a cheap hobby (as opposed to my other hobbies :rolleyes: ) I can have a lot of fun with a $12 bud vase from fiesta! So art deco, right? http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/p-148-bud-vase.aspx

ETA: Overboard? No such thing! My colors; turquoise, scarlet, lemon grass, regular yellow, tangerine, and peacock. I mix and match them all, and they cheer me up! :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1307060778|2936556 said:
We registered for Fiestaware as well! White, Black, and Shamrock! I am so excited!!! Once we move and have more cabinet space, I plan on getting a ton of the purple and blues as well!!!

Pretty!! :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1307065395|2936611 said:
Fly Girl|1307063375|2936580 said:

I love the sea mist and I don't have any of that either! :((

I really like the lilac, another color missing from my collection. Did you ever notice in the sitcom "rules of engagement" the neighbors (not the main character couple, can't remember their names) have a lilac teapot on their kitchen shelf? Envy! :Up_to_something:

I know I can get these colors on ebay but they're pricey, and I SWORE to myself that this would be a cheap hobby (as opposed to my other hobbies :rolleyes: ) I can have a lot of fun with a $12 bud vase from fiesta! So art deco, right? http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/p-148-bud-vase.aspx

ETA: Overboard? No such thing! My colors; turquoise, scarlet, lemon grass, regular yellow, tangerine, and peacock. I mix and match them all, and they cheer me up! :bigsmile:

That influence is from my DH. =) Of course, if it were up to me, I'd add lots more colors, too! :praise:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the bright colors. I've always wanted one of the large disk pitchers in a peacock. I wish there was Fiesta Ware in Canada!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1307064520|2936594 said:
lulu66 said:

I have a cobalt pitcher that I've had forever, it snuck into my cabinets before I even knew what fiesta was. :lol: I love turquoise, it is SO cool in the large vase, it's like 1953 in the house!

Which place settings do you have? The one with mugs, teacups or square? If you look on the upper left corner, you can see how they used the little square bowls on top, you could do those in marigold on top of the cobalt. http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/c-12-place-settings.aspx

Or you could get the bread and butter plates which are really small and don't come with the settings. Then a couple of serving bowls in marigold. I don't think it's weird, I think it would be nice to change it up. Maybe all dark for winter and mixed for summer? Or mixed year round for variety.

i have the place setting w/mugs (i'm pretty sure :cheeky: ). i'm def gonna need some marigold!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results