shape
carat
color
clarity

Fvs2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
PLs help????!!!Going bonkers.What guidelines should I look for F color vs2
naughty.gif

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
You may want to be a little more specific so you get some replies. I don't really understand what you're asking. Are you asking if F color and VS2 is a good starting point with respect to color and clarity???

Throw us an info bone....
rodent.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
What shape are you going for? By default I think round brilliant. But a RB doesn't normally NEED to be as high as an F, in my opinion because the sparkle (if cut properly) should make even a J look white like a colorless...Cut is A-1 here, becuase without it, you spend too much on a high color (white) piece of slightly shiny glass...

If it's a shaped stone, then I WOULD suggest F, because shaped stones show color, and for any stone a VS2 is great. You may be able to get away with an S1 if it's eyeclean in a RB. Sparkle like an RB hides so much!!!
2.gif

Do let us know more! And welcome to Price Scope!!!
wavey.gif

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
Sorry for not being specific.Novice here.I want to buy a 1 to 1.2 carat round brilliant diamond and would prefer a F colour clarity vs2.I don't know where to start???what to look for??.Thanks again for yr patiences
naughty.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think the other obvious question is this: what's your budget?

What you should look for in any case is a well-cut diamond that has minimal light leakage, and that's determined by the make (cut proportions).

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It all comes down to budget.The stone you are looking for is withing a price range of $7000.00-$8000.00 depending on cut and certificate.
Some people would sacrifice color and go to a little bigger size stone.
It really is up to your prefrences,It is recommended not to go lower than h-i color when mounting in white metals.
Fvs2 quality is considered a very high color and a good quality stone. just as long as the vs2 is not a black imperfection smack in the center of the stone.

go on line call a few vendors, most will be more than happy to answer all your questions.Make a decision after you have learned and feel comfortable.

good luck

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/8/2004 9:17:40 AM Nicrez wrote:

You can go down to a J in white metals, PQCollectibles has a beautiful one in J and set perfectly!!!
----------------

Set in bright, shiny platinum too!!
appl.gif

I have to ask, Dorothy, is F, VS, a mental thing for you?? Do you think this is what you have to have, or,..... Have you gotten out and looked at well cut diamonds in person to know your personal sensitivity level??

If you make proportions of the diamond your primary consideration, you will find Cut makes a diamond face up whiter and brighter than the actual color grade. G and H are the sweet spot colors for most folks. I have a beautiful, super Ideal Cut, J color diamond that is beautifully white. No yellow at all. Color costs money. To jump into the colorless range comes at a premium.

Clarity costs more money than color. The quality of the make can also obscure inclusions from view. There are many eye clean SI clarity diamonds. Well cut I1's with 1 main inclusion that is cleverly hidden provide great bang for the buck.

You really need to start with a budget and work from there. Here's a link to the Cut Chart so you know what to look for in the specs:

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/round.asp

Let us know how we can help you!
1.gif

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
My budget is fr 6000 to 7500.Tried emailing some dealers that I've seen here
but i only had one reply.Very frustrating.Is it safe getting it all the way to me(Australia)I'm abit apprehensive about buying on line.Thanks.I really appreciated all yr replies

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are two Australian diamond busineses on this forum (so you can get impressions about them from PS posters): Preciousmetals and MDX.

Also, I am surprised that you could not locate a worthy ideal cut with these specs among the ones listed here and there... Would you consider buying online? Shipping was not mentioned as a problem here, no matter what your address is
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Just an FYI,.... Precious Metals is CutNut. You can search the Members list for CutNut and MDX. You can PM or email either one that way.

You can also search past threads by Vendor name and read about other people's buying experiences.

I bought from White Flash. I know they ship around the world. Good Old Gold also ships world wide. Many of the Vendors do. It's absolutely safe to buy on-line when you work with reputable people.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results