shape
carat
color
clarity

Future Wedding plans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So does anyone have any idea of future wedding plans. I mean yes, we all dream, but have you sat down and though about it. Also, have you though about who you would want in your wedding party and have you tried to match them up, depending on who would look good with whom...i know for me, i only want 2 bridesmaid and 1 maid of honor, and i know who i want already, but my problem is trying to match them up with SO friends....hahaha....im just cant help but giggle when i think of who SO would pick and knowing my picks, how funny they will look together.
41.gif
. Also, i know i love the DIY approah on many things like flowers and invites and favors. For my sisters wedding, she did her own invites, did all the floral arragenement for the recepition, which was a large vase with a daisy and water in it on top of a mirror with candles on it, and all of the bouqets. I know for all of the flowers she spent 100 bucks, and had hundreds of flowers. She went to the local floral market. Also for the favors she made Custom CDS. So does anyone have ideas, because i know i have lots and i feel like they about to flow out of me.....
19.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seriously looked at vendors online, especially the ceremony and reception venues. Unfortunately, I''ve not had much luck finding anything I like in our city - but maybe actually visiting some places IRL will change my mind.

I am not sure who I want in my wedding party. Our wedding parties will likely be lopsided as SO is set on 5 groomsmen and I can''t think of 5 girls I am close enough to ask.

I go back and forth on other things like colours. It''s hard to choose much til we decide on a date. I think it will probably be late spring/early summer 2010 but it still hinges on when he actually proposes.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo, ive looked at vendors too.....there is one place i really like here, where we can have the wedding outside and than walk a few feet and than a quick lunch reception...it saves on costs. Than i was thinking we, meaning everyone, can go change, nap and relax, than we all can meet up for a late dinner and than hit the clubs. LoL...SO and i like to go out dancing so it woud be fun to meet up with everyone afterwards. PLUS it would save on the cost of Liquor and Wine, because everyone could buy their own drinks and save on a DJ, because the club has one, and we wouldnt need one for lunch.....how does that sound? Does it sound bad...i kind of like the idea because its unique....PLUS it would give me a chance to buy a second wedding dress.....a white satin cocktail dress...lol....as far as colors go, im still playing with that....depends on when he asks and when we get married.
31.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I want to elope, but don't know if I will 'get to' or not. SO is on the fence about it. Anyways, one thing that I have been eyeing lately for if I DO have to have a wedding is print, off the rack Bridesmaid dresses. I love the simplicty of patterned dresses in contrast with the wedding stuffs. I've seen this for a few weddings and love, love, love it, and I imagine it would make the dresses more affordable, and also not a one-time-wear (unless it just wasn't your style).

So, that's as far as I've gotten. I figure SO and I will figure these things out sometime after he proposes... but I am leaning toward eloping or DW/honeymoon combo with just the immediate families.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, i like the idea of eloping, but that wont happen.
I really like your idea of the off-the rack Bridesmaid dress.....its nice of you to think of your friends being able to wear the dress again

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I would LOVE to elope, but when I brought that up with B, he got this really crushed look on his face. So, big wedding it is (and by "big," I just mean not eloping...I don''t know if we''ll have a giant guest list or anything).

I haven''t really given too much thought to the details, except for one thing. Since we brew our own beer as a hobby, I want to do a few batches just for the wedding, and give our specialty beers as favors, probably with some cute wedding-themed labels.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I''m definitely starting to think about actual wedding stuff. We have a tentative date in mind, and it''s like 2.5 years away though, so that changes things for me. For example, while I know who I''d want in my bridal party right now, they''re all my college friends who I''ve been living with for a couple of years... and pretty soon they''ll be dispersing across the country for grad school, and I''ll be moving. I''m not really sure who I''ll still be very close too. (Though I do have to admit, I have done the ''who matches with who'' thing in terms of my current friends and SO''s current friends!) As for venues, I''ve been doing some preliminary research, but nothing concrete. I think I''ll start thinking and playing around with ideas a lot more when I''m actually engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results