shape
carat
color
clarity

Future Moissanite Project

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Planning future projects is how I'm keeping myself from losing my mind with this distance learning the kids are doing now lol!

I've reached out to Diana at SinCity about doing an OEC moissanite ring. I bought a ring from here prior but at 8mm it is a little too big for me, 7.5mm is my max. That said I have found a setting I really love but it will only accommodate a 6.5mm stone:

IMG_8463.jpg

So, I'm kind of indecisive, do I go with the mounting I love with a smaller stone or do I go with a mounting that can accommodate the size stone I really want? Will I appreciate the faceting at a 6.5mm size? It did cross my mind that the smaller stone size will probably show less double refraction which is a plus.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada You know how I feel about coverage. :lol: I personally would not sacrifice size for a setting unless the setting is the end all be all. I am afraid that since you want to go bigger that this won't scratch that itch. (This coming from someone who bezels everything for size)

ETA They can't squeeze 1 extra millimeter in there?? Maybe opening up the prongs a tad?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I bet they could finagle those prongs for you to get you into the setting you want. Most settings have some tolerance built in:)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1...but but the flowers, did you see those sweet little flowers?! ;-)

I totally get what you're saying about coverage!

@ItsMainelyYou, I thought that they might have some play with this setting but 1mm is kind of a lot no? I was thinking if it was a half it might work but more than that might be pushing it, but I can ask.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It is, but if the prongs have the length you should be fine... it also depends on the the skill of the jeweler. They also may be able to order from the manufacturer in ways we can't.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1...but but the flowers, did you see those sweet little flowers?! ;-)

I totally get what you're saying about coverage!

@ItsMainelyYou, I thought that they might have some play with this setting but 1mm is kind of a lot no? I was thinking if it was a half it might work but more than that might be pushing it, but I can ask.

I know, the flowers are beautiful and make it very special. You know I love flowers! And heck, flowers and diamonds (or moissy) yummy!
Maybe Stuller leaves their prongs a little long for jewelers to finagle with? I’d ask Diana.
They don’t make that mount for a larger stone!? Surprising.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No 6.5mm is the biggest @Slick1 but I'm going to ask if there is any play with the setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results