shape
carat
color
clarity

future bridesmaid suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I was having lunch with two of my dearest friends today, who will most certainly be a bridesmaid when I eventually get married.
We are busy helping one of my other friends plan her wedding and she is having quite a time trying to pick wedding colours.

Anyway, my friend suggested to the bride-to-be a colour scheme. I thought it sounded interesting...but cannot imagine how it would look. This is what she suggested...
The flowers would all be shades of autumn.
The bridesmaids would be wearing tea-length black dresses. Each bridesmaid would have a ribbon sash that would be tied at the back of the dress. Here's the kicker: each bridesmaid would have a different "fall-coloured" sash, in example, one would have a deep red, another would have burnt orange and another would have the golden yellow. There would then be groomsmen in all black tuxes, except for their tie's - which would match one of the bridesmaids sashes. So, you would have a bridesmaid with a red sash and a groomsman with a red tie, a bridesmaid with a burnt orange sash and a groomsman with a burnt orange tie....you get the picture....

How does that sound to you?

I am iffy on the idea.
I think it might look a bit much.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
my bfs sister did something similar where all us girls what a white top and diffrent colored skirts (spring colors) it turned out pretty see...
emspictures911.jpg
emspictures958.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going in the exact opposite direction with my bms (same fabric, different pattern) so, like you, it''s a little harder to picture. I''m sure it would look fantastic though!

(however, I''m biased, as those are my colors as well!)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Our first colour scheme was very similar! We''ve now changed the date to summer and changed the colours, but at first I was going to have one girl in deep red and one girl in burnt orange, with golden yellow flowers. The guys vests were to match the girls'' dresses.

My "help me with my colours" thread might help you... HTH!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be unique! They are within that same color scheme, so I don''t feel it would look too much.

Apparently red looks awesome for pictures, so I''m probably going to with burgundy and champagne
18.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for all your replies!!!

I was thinking a cranberry red, burnt orange and harvest gold/yellow.

My friend suggested to do the vests as opposed to ties....though I think the smaller splash of colour against the black tuxes would also be pretty. What do you think? Do vests or ties in the cranberry red/brunt orange/harvest gold??

I was thinking...I could do the reception venue with deep cream tablecloths...and then twinkly lights and candles...with bright fall flowers....

I am just a bit scared with all the different coloured sashes and ties/vests....I don''t want it to look like a broadway production. hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results