shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun with Fluorescence

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I bought myself a new toy this week, a small LED black-light flashlight, and finally got to see which of my diamonds have fluorescence. I was surprised by a few of them! The effect is so cool, so I tried to capture a few pictures to share.

First up is my FCD collection. These are all around a 1/4ct (the big pear is .69ct), mostly brown tones, and none are certed. The awesomely funky pear in the middle appears to have medium/strong yellow-green fluorescence, the very light yellow princess is strong blue, and the brown oval is either a medium blue or possibly white.

dsc_51.jpg

dsc_52.jpg

dsc_0017.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
One more of the FCDs

dsc_0019.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Some of my rings, left to right:
Approx. 1ct OMC with medium blue
2 tone white and pink diamond ring, every single pink diamond fluoresces
Pave wedding band, a few stones react but they didn't show up in the picture
Chrome tourmaline and baguette ring, several of the baguettes are very strong blue

dsc_0028.jpg

dsc_0029.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
And a few more pieces in this shot:
1ct oval pendant
OMC ring
2 tone ring
1/2cttw 5-stone band, the middle is very strong blue
Better shot on the baguettes

dsc_0036.jpg

dsc_53.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh. How fun.

Riesz

Rough_Rock
Love it! Wow, the green fluorescence is too cool.

The diamond in my ring has medium blue and I also bought a little keychain blacklight. It's so fun to play around with :)

I hope to add more fluorescent diamonds to my jewellery box... :naughty:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think fluorescence is fascinating! Those are some great pics! I love the green in that pear. Can you see any fluo in sunlight?

I found a fluorescent flashlight (I think it's really for detecting animal urine) and checked out my jewelry with it. I was completely surprised by how many of my diamonds have it. I hope you don't mind if I include a pic of my own.

p1010047.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
That's a great pic iluvshinythings! I'd love to see mroe fluorescence pics if any one lese wants to add theirs.

I haven't noticed any effects in sunlight with any of these stones (I was really suprised at the OMC and oval glowing!, I would never have guessed on those 2), but I also haven't taken the FCDs outside much, I'll have to see what the pear does. My mom has a E color strong blue in her e-ring that I can see the blue/purple look in sunlight, I'll have to take my flashlight for a visit with me and see what that puppy does!

Riesz

Rough_Rock
I have a little tiny UV purple flashlight normally used for checking security features on currency. It's not very strong so I have to hold it right up to my diamond. Don't mind the weird purple lighting on my finger... :)

My diamond is medium blue. I definitely see a blue glow to it in direct sunlight. Love it! :love:

_6857.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results