shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun W-Bands! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
now, why didn't this occur to me before?

for a few days now ive been lamenting the fact that the ering setting i THINK im going to choose may not allow me to wear a w-ring on the same finger. still not 100% sure im okay with that, but today i had a thought that made the whole concept a lot more palatable . . .

the ering setting i am planning to get is a fairly intricate pave setting (i've got a whole different thread going on that, but i'll post a pic in a sec). because of that, if i were able to wear a w-ring on the same finger, i would probably choose a very thin, very simple pave band. which im sure i would like just fine. however, in browsing for erings ive come across a style of eternity band (examples below) that i would looooove to have as my w-band--but they'd be waayyyy too much with my e-ring setting.

BUT, if i'm in a position where i have to wear the w-ring on my RIGHT hand . . . i could get one (or maybe two, to stack, cause they're so thin) of these!!! that makes me very happy cause i loooove these. aren't they fun? does anyone know whether there is a particular name for this style? i see them on a lot of antique sites. i particularly like the style of the band in the upper rite, pink background (although i've seen it in person at mimi so and this pic doesn't do it justice) because i like the round/marquise combo.

what do you guys think--how about two of these for R hand Wbands? (or 23! just kidding)

BandsA2.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
here's my potential e-ring setting. do you think the style of the bands would compliment the ering? i think this is impt even if they're worn on different hands.

(looking at the pic, you can probably see why it would be difficult/undesirable to wear a wband next to the ring.)

as always, i'd love your advice!
1.gif

Leon1.JPG

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Reena, I originally asked how you posted several pictures into one post but I found your response to jewelgirl in another forum...so, never mind. It would be nice if Pricescope would allow deletion of a post!!!

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
Hey you...with the fabulous tush...and cocky grin...

Now this idea of yours is one I like!

You might have already run across this site, but I was poking around for an anniversary band and these came across my screen so I thought I’d share ~ so take your pick from...

These Babies

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
And THIS ONE might be thicker than you want - but you could stack it with one of those really thin bands you first pictured - unless you think that might be too much going on. Again, it might be something you've already seen, but I thought I'd show it to you since it has elements that are complimentary to your beloved e-ring setting.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I vote for an entire wardrobe of wedding bands to mix and match as you please.
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band is sized to my right hand. Occasionally I'll wear it on my left, but it's usual home is my right hand. I always tell people to wear what they want, the way they want to wear it, an do what makes them happy. If wearing one (or two, or three) of these sweet little rings on your right hand floats your boat, then go for it!

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks all! (and hello carmel, i see you've been maintaining your tan in a fashion true to your name) here's a pretty example but with sapphires.

Band1A.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/29/2004 12:05:38 AM reena wrote:

looking at the pic, you can probably see why it would be difficult/undesirable to wear a wband next to the ring.
----------------

Leon also makes some incredible, lace-like weddingbands. Not that a 10mm wide w-band could work with the ring you have posted, but I can definitely see the band on the left and the ring on the right hand
2.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/29/2004 11:19:05 AM reena wrote:

(and hello carmel, i see you've been maintaining your tan in a fashion true to your name)
----------------
Let me help you all with the pronunciation key…it’s Car-mel’ (accent on the second syllable), like in “Carmel-by-the-Sea” on the Monterey Peninsula in California. There’s apparently also a Carmel, IN…Carmel, ME…and a Carmel, NY.

It’s obvious, though, why you are getting my pen name confused with the delectably smooth, chewy confectionary made from burnt sugar – correctly spelled “car-a-mel.”

And if I really am that tan…then what’s the big deal? I thought you couldn’t be too rich, too thin, too tan or have too many diamonds (I just threw that last one in).

Geeze - do I have to explain everything?
10.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
lol, i do know how to spell caramel trust me but i couldn't resist the joke. you tanorexic you.
1.gif

val, the leon-made w-band sounds like a FAB idea. i couldn't really find any pics that seem to match what you're talking about on his site though--got any?
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I'd have to say that I wouldn't want to wear a straight wedding band with that setting... it's all curvy, and you don't really want to take away from that, plus I'd suspect it would rub, which would be a big no-no with all the pave.

So I'm voting for getting a wedding ring for your right hand, or, along Jennifer's lines, 6 or 10. :razz:

Also, http://www.antiquejewelrymall.com/ has some rather nice wedding bands from all sorts of eras. They even list art deco ones by ring size. (I really wanted one of these as an engagement ring, originally, but my DF had complaint about them looking like wedding bands. go figure
1.gif
)

http://www.antiquejewelrymall.com/allwomartdec.html

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.gif
this is the general idea... One of the versions of the lace band is described as 10mm wide but a 5mm is also available (see link below). IMO, this would be a ring to wear on it's own by all means - not bad if the w-band will stand alone most of the time to balance an equally impressive object on the right hand
2.gif

These are sophisticated enough , so I bet there are other models available if a wrath is not your favorite. Three of them are linked to THIS page. There are more models on THIS page of Art of Platinum, with smaller thumbnails.

laceLM.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
those are great val--thanks. question though, when i try to click on those thumbnails (second link) to enlarge them, it says url not found. so i can only see the tiny version. any idea what i'm doing wrong?

reena

Ideal_Rock
how about this little number for a right hand w-band?

Wband1A.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
and these antique cushion 6 TCW earrings to match?

11.gif
naughty.gif
2.gif

CCearrings1.JPG

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
WOW those earrings are fabulous. I must have them!!!!

OK, back to the w-ring discussion. I'm not married yet, but I actually wear two bands on my right hand that stack together. They look much like the ones you first posted that 'fit' together. My rings are white gold, and each has 18 tiny diamonds (round). Each diamond is placed in a marquise-shaped 'space' (OK, I don't know jewelery terminology!). They are so pretty and somewhat antique looking. My plan is to some day get an emerald-and-diamond band to put between them for further stacking. These are right-hand rings and won't serve as my wedding band.

I need to get my camera out - I'll take pix as soon as I can. Anyway, I think that you have a great idea - but with your e-ring I think a wider band on your right hand would be stunning. That's just my opinion - I think it would look gorgeous to have the thin band of your e-ring on your left hand, with a more strong lookig style on your right. Although I could also see stacking numerous thin rings on your right...how will you decide??!?!
3.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
ooooh--sounds exactly like what i would want! please post pics!

and i hadn't even really considered stackable diamond and gem combos!
6.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I love all of those, but can't you size the e-ring for your right hand and put the w-ring where it traditionally goes--on the left? I'm just a stickler for tradition, I guess, when it comes to marital symbolism.

reena

Ideal_Rock
too late now!
1.gif
2.gif
oh well, doesn't bother me.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/7/2004 5:10:02 PM Hest88 wrote:

I love all of those, but can't you size the e-ring for your right hand and put the w-ring where it traditionally goes--on the left? I'm just a stickler for tradition, I guess, when it comes to marital symbolism.----------------

Funny- I used to be much more of a stickler for the left hand band for marriage, but after working with many, many multi-nationals I realized it is worn on the right hand in many countries. My Australian and European colleagues all have the rings on their right hands, and after the inital thinking everyone was single confusion, have now determined tha ring on right, ring on left or absence of any ring at all doesn't tell me a thing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results