shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun Precision Find

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
So I really spend way too much time on eBay, etc. and I bought a 14k ring with what looked like a nice size topaz or zircon in it for about $125. The photos were awful which kept bids low, but something told me to get this ring if I could. All the photos were taken from the side or from a 45 degree angle so I didn't have a great view of the stone. It arrived today and lo and behold, it was a lovely, sparkly 8mm star cut. My daughter has already called dibs, lol. Any idea who cut it?

img_20161107_204618012.jpg

img_20161107_204732322.jpg

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Hello! Beautiful ring. I remember seeing some of these cuts from a Texas company, Darmar Enterprises I think. There is a lot of topaz mined down there and they like to cut those stars into them. So my guess would be it's from somewhere in Texas :). Enjoy your ring!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info austinj. I found the Darmar website and though similar, their star cut is not as detailed as this one so I guess it remains a bit of a mystery for now. :)

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
How lovely! What a great find!

Could it be this guy, John Bienia? I stumbled on his stuff a while back and it looks beautiful; I go back and look at his page every once in a while, but I've never actually bought anything.

http://www.starcutgems.com/star_cut_gems.htm

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
That's it, deorwine! That's the cut. Thanks! Now what to do with it...? :Smile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results