shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun conversion ring project: kiwi bird!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
9B4D8CCA-0A57-4E0D-A715-5A3ECB624F26.jpeg 4595237A-045D-4792-B1F3-209442244E5B.jpeg

I had a hard time deciding where to post this thread since this project technically contains no gems! I remember seeing other posters under Colored Gemstones with conversion rings, so hopefully I’ll be forgiven for any indiscretion.

I am looking for suggestions for a vendor who will work with me on what hopefully should be a quick and easy project. I stumbled upon this super adorable kiwi bird pin and thought it would make a great candidate to be converted into a ring! To keep expenses down, I’d probably lean towards just a silver band, but I could be persuaded to look into gold, considering the colors of the pin.

Conversion rings seem to be really popular these days, so my idea here is to try to avoid the super high markup of pre-made pieces by just going at it myself. Open to all thoughts and suggestions, and particularly interested in hearing from those who have completed their own conversion ring projects. Thanks!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How adorable! That would make a great conversion project! My first thought is to take it to your local jeweler. I found a good one with his own shop, not at the mall. What a great find!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass did a conversion for me before. Nick Engel in SF would be another good jeweler.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results