shape
carat
color
clarity

Full Proposal Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
The proposal had a few hitches, but how many proposals go completely as planned? We were on the El heading for our stop at State and Chicago street and my phone rang. I didn''t recognize the number and answered it and it was the caricaturist. He said his car had broke down teh day before and right now he was getting the part changed on it and he would get there as soon as possible. That right then was the moment that I was like CRAP! How am I going to stall. Fortunately Jacklynn''s foot got a blister and we stopped in a walgreens and bought some bandaids to waste some time. I was hoping we would have some trouble finding the church but Jacklynn and her direction skills found the place with no problem. We walked into the garden and I looked around trying not to be obvious hoping to see a man waiting for us but he wasn''t there. We then walked into the church and she took a bunch of pictures and grabbed a bunch of brochures. I didn''t think about why she was taking so many pictures and grabbing brochures until I remembered I had her pastor tell her that she wanted her to go there and take pictures and grab brochures. So she was completely sold that it wasn''t my idea at all to go to the church. Eventually she became bored and needed to use the restroom so we walked across the street to the mall and used the restroom there. I complained my feet hurt REALLY REALLY bad and we needed to sit down. I said I didn''t want to sit in a crowded area and the garden looked like a good place. Unfortunately the guy wasn''t there when we got back. So about 40 minutes after he was supposed to be there I decided it was time and I couldn''t wait any longer because we were both getting VERY hungry. There is a wishing well in the middle and I talked her into both of us making a wish in the well. We walked up to the well and she says when we approached it she thought, " He''s probably wantign to stay here because he wishes he would have planned to propose here because of how beautiful it is." She thought i would propose closer to wrigley field.
So once we both made our wish I looked in her eyes and kissed her and told her that I loved her more than anything and that I would love her forever and I cannot really remember what else...but it was really good haha. I hugged her and reached in my pocket and grabbed the box out without her noticing and I got on a knee and she aws like and then I was like Jacklynn, will you marry me? I was surprised her first words were, "YES! NOW WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!?!?" HAHAHA I was like YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!! We hugged and she shook but most of all my worries about the ring being to small were cured when I slipped it on and it fit almost perfectly. It''s a little too big so we might go down .25 to a 5.25 instead of a 5.5 but we''ll see how thigns go.
We walked out of the garden about 5 minutes later and my phone rang...it was the artist. He was 5 mintues away and would be there shortly. He arrived and congratulated us and gave us the picture. He did an amazing job and everything went well. She called her parents and her friends to tell them the good news and then I realized....i sat the james allen ring box on the ground when I proposed and I left it there.....I FREAKED OUT!
I was like, "I LEFT THAT BOX IN THE GARDEN, I''M GIONG TO RUN THERE AND GRAB IT SIT HERE AND CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND I''LL BE BACK!!" I pretty much ran 2 blocks back to the garden and couldn''t find the box and was sad. A few of the people in the garden were like we didnt'' see anything here but congrats...and the ring''s not in the box right?!?! I comforted them and said no and I sadly walked back to my waiting fiance. She had the walgreens bag with the bandaids in them and I saw a brown wood box at teh bottom of the bag and just laughed. I now remember putting the box in the bag when we were talkign to the artist but at the moment i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! haha So everythign went well but the Cubs lost the game in the top of the 9th because....wer''e the cubs and we do that....A LOT!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
good thing you didn''t size it up. it may feel a little tighter when she adds a wedding band.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Firstbase! What a great story, I''m glad you shared the whole thing. I saw the picture you posted on your other thread--Jacklynn''s ring is beautiful! Good job! Yup, too bad about the Cubs losing so late in the game, I thought they might have had that one but obviously I was wrong!
9.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
what a story. I guess I thought you were there the day the Cubs finally won LOL. Sorry they lost...what a bummer but your story is incredible...congrats
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstbase -- thanks for sharing the whole story! I''m so happy for you! You''re right that proposals never go off without at least a hitch or two, but the heart of the matter is that you asked and she said yes. YAY!!!! Enjoy your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results