shape
carat
color
clarity

Full eternity bands w/ H&A melee & D color oval center!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
The finished rings are on their way, but I wanted to share the video that Jonathan at Good Old Gold made for me to gaze at until they get here 8)!

The folks at GOG were phenomenal, especially my partner in "shine", Marie ;)). She's been working w/ me daily for the past few months, making sure every detail flowed seamlessly, & the end result is beyond what I'd originally imagined. Hopefully this link will work (the video is titled "Just for Tia") ...

http://youtu.be/R0iJJ9uCSbg

I've learned so much from the PS family! I know that "beauty" is very subjective & we all have different tastes, but admiring everyone else's rings on PS and studying all of their details really helped me make my design decisions. So I wanted to share my new rings in hopes that they might help someone else solidify their decisions if information-overload starts to set in for them as well. :read: ... :confused:

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
WOW what a gorgeous ring!
I was looking ovals recently would you please link me to the specs of your oval, the ASET, Video link etc!
Thank you and wear it in health!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: You were wise to choose a beautiful oval to go with those sparkly rounds! :appl:

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I am a sucker for D color. And I love those single prongs!!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks amazing!! I can't wait to see handshots when you get it :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Do you have to wear spacers between the rings?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BREATHTAKING!!

That is incredible, what a blingtastic wedding set! Totally jealous!!! Its spectacular! Can't wait to see it on your hand :appl: :appl: :appl:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
WOOW!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your set!!!! I am also an enormous fan of such bling and I think this is absolutely stunning! Not gaudy at ALL!!!!! (Is it me, or did the ovals looks the same? Both gorgeous!!). Congrats on such a lovely set! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: Full eternity bands w/ H&A melee & D color oval center!!

That is so beautiful! How cool that they link together like that!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
That's amazing, really unique. I just love how it fits together like puzzle pieces!

Can I ask what the ratio of the oval is?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the contrast of the oval with the rounds! Very elegant!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Amazing! Wowowow!

cheers--Shaorn

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!! Amazing!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I will never wonder again if I am over-blinged. :) Your rings look amazing. Hope you love wearing them! Congratulations!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh my... oh my my my! BEAUUUITFUL RING!!! Gorgeous oval! Gorgeous bands! YOWZA!!!! I've recently become a big fan of ovals and your's is SO SO LOVELY! :appl: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly - that set is on fire! Seriously gorgeous bands and the center stone looks so crisp. Congratulations! :bigsmile:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a blingy set! :love: your set! Congrats!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I don't know why I thought couple hours after I posted, you would have the ring. I'm just excited to see this ring!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy bling! That's some serious sparkle! I love the eternity band setting. Is it shared prong?

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
Beautiful! :love: You were wise to choose a beautiful oval to go with those sparkly rounds! :appl:
EHR2009 said:
Beautiful!!! I am a sucker for D color. And I love those single prongs!!!
JuneRose said:
Wow that looks amazing!! I can't wait to see handshots when you get it :love:

Thank you SO much for celebrating with me! I learned my lesson about trying to set my "pre-Pricescope" diamond into a "post-Pricescope" setting surrounded by beautiful melee ... hmmm ... not a good look in my case :sick: .
Since this was an anniversary upgrade & I love the icy colors, I was looking at F & higher. When GOG contacted me about this D I was speechless (which is rare :naughty: )! I always knew I was color sensitive but never knew I was so enamored with D's until one fell into my inbox :love: .

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Just fantastic! I realised I was holding my breath during most of that video... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to come back and just re watch it again! I want to come and play at your house when it arrives :lol:

My heavens that's one AWESOME new set!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
sooooo pretty!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Doc_1|1355745041|3333288 said:
WOW what a gorgeous ring!
I was looking ovals recently would you please link me to the specs of your oval, the ASET, Video link etc!
Thank you and wear it in health!

Thank you Doc, sure!! First, here's a link to the video that I requested from GOG asking that Jonathan point out how the ASET & other info correlated to the actual stone's performance.

As I'm sure you know, ovals tend to have leakage on each end (white dots on ASET) & a bow-tie across the middle, but that they can fire off non-stop tiny sparkles if cut well. So for me it was a matter of finding one that had as little bow-tie as possible (everyone's goal right? :wacko: ) & a sparkle "pattern" that really appealed to MY eye. I started by looking at the ASET & DiamXray patterns and then followed up by asking GOG for the Gem Advisor data so I could see the virtual model & the video (linked below) with Jonathan's expert opinion for confirmation.

http://youtu.be/W9zvoO0WHAo

I'll see if I can figure out how to download the specs & analysis, or if everything's still posted on their website, I'll try to post the link.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous set! The sparkle is amazing. Enjoy!!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
motownmama|1355772037|3333550 said:
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Do you have to wear spacers between the rings?

Enerchi said:
BREATHTAKING!!
That is incredible, what a blingtastic wedding set! Totally jealous!!! Its spectacular! Can't wait to see it on your hand :appl: :appl: :appl:

04diamond<3 said:
WOOW!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your set!!!! I am also an enormous fan of such bling and I think this is absolutely stunning! Not gaudy at ALL!!!!! (Is it me, or did the ovals looks the same? Both gorgeous!!). Congrats on such a lovely set! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

You guys are so sweet! No, I won't be wearing spacers. The single-prong (or "floating diamond") design has a scallop edge so I wasn't comfortable with the idea of a spacers. Instead, I had them lightly solder (they can be carefully separated in the future) one of the w-bands to my e-ring and that'll be my everyday set with no rubbing, etc. I know the 3 bands together are quite a sight, but that was DH's idea & to be honest, I don't plan to wear all three very often (just to dressy events or to please my sweetie ;)) ). I readily agreed to the idea because by having a second w-band, I have the option of wearing a single eternity band by itself when I don't want quite so much bling (and really, is there such a thing as "too many" diamond rings?).

Enerchi I know I'll need you to help me with pictures! You guys make it look effortless, but when I was practicing w/ some RHRs all I'd get are fuzzy shiny blobs :(( !

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1355780732|3333694 said:
That is so beautiful! How cool that they link together like that!
maccers said:
That's amazing, really unique. I just love how it fits together like puzzle pieces!
Can I ask what the ratio of the oval is?
Sarahbear621 said:
Gorgeous! I love the contrast of the oval with the rounds! Very elegant!
canuk-gal said:
HI:
Amazing! Wowowow!
cheers--Shaorn
marcy said:
Very pretty!
CharmedOne said:
Wow!! Amazing!!
LLJsmom said:
Gorgeous!! I will never wonder again if I am over-blinged. :) Your rings look amazing. Hope you love wearing them! Congratulations!

What drew me to this design was the uniqueness & the way the rings fit together, so I really appreciate all of your kind words!
Maccers: I don't mind answering questions at all. The ratio of the oval is 1:5 and its measurements are 9.09mm x 6.04mm.
Sarahbear: I love the contrast too, but at first, when we were designing it I was a little nervous because ovals have different "personalities" (for lack of a better word) than rounds (especially ideal H&A rounds, right?). But GOG worked hard to handpick melee whose "personalities" complimented that of an oval & after sending a variety of comparison pics they put my concerns to rest.

As an aside, where else but PS would we be concerned about "handpicking" melee? It's no wonder I LOVE this site!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results