shape
carat
color
clarity

Full cut or single cut pave for a RB diamond halo?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need the expert opinions of other PS'ers regarding full cut or single cut pave for a round brilliant diamond halo! I've seen a lot of single cut pave halos for cushion cut diamond rings but am unsure how it would look in RB ones.

Does anyone have any photos of RB diamond rings w/ single cut pave halos?

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do full cuts just because they are much easier to replace if you lose one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1324786315|3088226 said:
I would do full cuts just because they are much easier to replace if you lose one.

Ditto. I had a single cut halo, I switched to full cuts for exactly this reason. Most people want single cuts for antique so that the broader flashes of light 'match' those of the cushions.

With round brilliants, most want full cuts because then they will all be full cuts.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you looking to halo?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR--I'm selling my current halo on the preloved forum in favor of one that sits more flush against other bands. It has full cut diamonds in the halo which I love.

Just wondering if I should use single cuts on my reset of the 1.91 RB instead. I'm intrigued by the possibility of doing something different and interesting!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1324790034|3088230 said:
mrssalvo|1324786315|3088226 said:

Ditto. I had a single cut halo, I switched to full cuts for exactly this reason. Most people want single cuts for antique so that the broader flashes of light 'match' those of the cushions.

With round brilliants, most want full cuts because then they will all be full cuts.

Agree with this. Full cuts for modern rb, single cuts for antique cut centers (and order a couple of extra single cuts in case you ever lose one).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1324828886|3088355 said:
MGR--I'm selling my current halo on the preloved forum in favor of one that sits more flush against other bands. It has full cut diamonds in the halo which I love.

Just wondering if I should use single cuts on my reset of the 1.91 RB instead. I'm intrigued by the possibility of doing something different and interesting!

I'd probably talk to the jeweler that will make the halo to get his input. I'm like everyone else and leaning toward the full cut stones for a more uniform appearance and ease of replacement. Do you have a particular style halo ring in mind?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results