shape
carat
color
clarity

FTC to review it's Jewelry Guide. PS feedback?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.idexonline.com/portal_FullNews.asp?id=36960

“The FTC’s review of the Jewelry Guides is an opportunity for the FTC and the jewelry industry to work together to ensure against deception practices and to help businesses mark, advertise and market jewelry correctly,” says Cecilia L. Gardner, JVC’s president and CEO. “A comprehensive representation of industry positions on the Guides revisions can help to improve consumer confidence and enhance our community’s reputation.”

I wonder if there is any interest to form a Pricescope Committee to make a submission?
Any topics?
We have noted that the gap between labs grades has widened in a current topic.
There are many other issues that we could raise I am sure?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think making a PS submission sounds like a great idea! I certainly don't have the knowledge or expertise, but I do have lots of time, so if I could be helpful for anything I'd love to be involved.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Christina...|1340931552|3225613 said:
I think making a PS submission sounds like a great idea! I certainly don't have the knowledge or expertise, but I do have lots of time, so if I could be helpful for anything I'd love to be involved.

What do you think are some issues Christina?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a larger response particularly with all the threads lately referring to EGLs grading practices and the inconsistency involved. I understand that grading diamonds is a subjective practice and that it will never be and can't be an exact science, but it seems to me that if GIA labs around the world can maintain some level of accuracy and consistency then we (the consumer) should be able to expect the same from other labs.

I also understand that there is no clear guide as to what constitutes a true HA diamond and that many that may not meet the standard are marketed as such. I feel that this too is misleading to the public. I'm sure that there are many issues that could be addressed, but based on my limited knowledge and experience, I've little to suggest. :oops:

I also wonder if the FTC's latest interest isn't because of the recent finding of lab created stones being submitted as natural diamonds to IGI for grading. I think there was actually a submission made to GIA not too long ago as well?

I wish I could be more helpful Garry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results