shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated - what setting goes with…

Sparrow24

Rough_Rock
A 4 mm 14K YG comfort fit wedding band.

I have a .74 round brilliant that I would like to have set in a solitaire. However, every solitaire I see is wrong. Is there such thing as a cathedral comfort fit 6-prong solitaire? That’s what I would like, but the certain look I like eludes me. So for now my diamond sits homeless, locked up and waiting, since the last setting broke.

I’m starting to give up on even getting a cathedral solitaire. I just want one that would go nicely with a substantial comfort fit wedding band. A lot of the rings seem to be overwhelmed by the band.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
It's not 6 prong by what about a criss-cross trellis? There's one on JA that has a 3.3mm band.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you can’t find one you like exactly, could you find me some pics of ones you like but aren’t exactly right?

Sparrow24

Rough_Rock
It's not 6 prong by what about a criss-cross trellis? There's one on JA that has a 3.3mm band.

I have poured and poured over the solitaires on JA. Sadly, none of them appeal. We did get the diamond from them, though, and it’s beautiful.

I’m really fond of the six prong look. It makes the diamond look like a flower bud. :)

Last edited:

Sparrow24

Rough_Rock
Niel,

I’m thinking D’Vatche Royal Crown. That’s what the other one looked like, but it was too petite/fine/thin.

Swirl68,

I checked out those Stuller links. The shank on the ring is too thin. Thanks for posting them though! :)

I think I need a 2 1/2 or 3 mm shank.

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
You might be able to email this lady and ask her if the setting is comfort fit (and if not, whether she can customize it for you.) You can probably inquire regarding the setting width as well.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/514828263/6-prong-solitaire-setting-with-tulip

I am actually having a ring custom made by HPD that almost matches what you are looking for (6 prong, solitaire, cathedral, comfort fit, and inspired by vatche royal crown) but it has a 2mm shank width. Maybe you can see if HPD would do a custom setting for your stone too.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wink Jones of High Performance Diamonds has one or two on his site. He used to sell a nice one that was made by Rosewell, I believe. Rose something. But I can't find any photos. I used to be able to look at the findings catalog online.

Last edited:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vatche Swan. I don't know whose ring this is. I saved the photo years ago.
swan.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results