shape
carat
color
clarity

Front page article on MSN: Have diamonds lost their shine...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Linked here, pointing out, for example...

"Many diamond retailers have already sliced their profit margins. Traditionally, jewelers sell diamonds for 49% more than the wholesale cost, according to Harry Winston Diamond and the International Diamond Exchange. But competition from online retailers such as Blue Nile (NILE, news, msgs) and Amazon.com (AMZN, news, msgs), which sell diamonds at a markup below 25%, has made it more difficult to continue charging such high prices.

"Buyers now do a lot of investigation," says Norman, of Blauweiss/Berkowitz. "They know the price from Blue Nile." "

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I was just reading that on my MSN home page. Very interesting, too bad I''m not in the market for a diamond now! LOL

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Too bad for the jewelers trying to sell their stones for WAY more than wholesale... An educated buyer is a dangerous thing.
27.gif

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/7/2009 5:48:59 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Too bad for the jewelers trying to sell their stones for WAY more than wholesale... An educated buyer is a dangerous thing.
27.gif

Bad for some, good for others..

I would much prefer an educated buyer, that way they know what they are asking for, and appreciate it when I get them want they really want.
1.gif
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link to the interesting article.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results