shape
carat
color
clarity

From engagement ring to pendant

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIya at Ivy and Rose (formerly My Diamond Zone) is helping me repurpose my original engagement stone into a pendant. The diamond is .75 round, color H. Very very strong fluro and I1 clarity.

The ring: img_6391_0.jpg

I went back and forth on rocky talky about what I wanted, which was a 3 stone pendant. But in all the talking with people and vendors, I decided to keep it a one stone and I knew I wanted a bezel and miligrain with accent stones.

Here is the rendering I gave approval for:
img_2276.jpg

I wanted to cry when I saw it: it's exactly what I want and is so beautiful.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful - can't wait to see neck shots! When do you get it?

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Very unique and beautiful. So fun to have a new piece that still is sentimental!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
It's going to be gorgeous whitewave!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!! Ilya just sent me the cad and graphic on Wednesday for approval. I assume I'll pay the balance next week and then slow registered mail to get here.

He is also setting a .37 I color loose diamond I had into a pendant: img_2279.jpg

And resetting .5ctw earrings that are 4 prong basket screwbacks into 3 prong martinis with no screwbacks. My daughter will be getting those for her 18th birthday this summer.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, question: what kind of chain would you use with each of these (no serpentine or wheat etc) and where is a good place to buy a gold chain. Thanks!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
whitewave|1487960401|4133024 said:
Oh, question: what kind of chain would you use with each of these (no serpentine or wheat etc) and where is a good place to buy a gold chain. Thanks!

I really like the beaded ball chain I have. It's sturdy and comfortable and non traditional. It came from eBay but I can't recall the mm of it. One of the more medium weight ones.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lurrve these pendants! Especially the one with your original e-ring is such a beauty, can't wait to see the final results!
My favorite necklace chains I think are called "snake" chains. I find them really stylish and super versatile. Here is the first listing I found on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282321224452 I honestly would buy one and change the pendants as you go, unless you plan on wearing them both at the same time.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really pretty!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are just beautiful!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Oh, and I have not settled the chain issue. I bought my daugher a .8 mm 18 inch white gold with lobster clasp and it is too thin and I think it would look better on her as a 16 inch.

For the pic of me wearing both, I grabbed the first chain I had that wasn't tangled (grrrr, having a custom jewelry thing made to keep my stuff tidy and where they can't mingle)... I think I'm going to go with a beaded chain.

My daughter knows about her gifts, so I would like to get a photo of her with her diamonds on!! Senior pics taken soon....

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! They did a nice job!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that! Who made it and do you mind copies? I have a 0.78 RB that I'd like to repurpose

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my! I just noticed you said who made it! I'm losing my mind today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that! Who made it and do you mind copies? I have a 0.78 RB that I'd like to repurpose

For this pendant, I do not mind at all if you ask Ilya for a copy. Enjoy! I think I paid about $425 for the process for the pendant.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For this pendant, I do not mind at all if you ask Ilya for a copy. Enjoy! I think I paid about $425 for the process for the pendant.

Wow, I'm giddy at the thought of having such a gorgeous and unique pendant. Will keep you posted!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant! :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! :appl:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They both turned out GREAT!!

I like box chains and I wear my necklaces 24/7. Never had an issue with kinks,snags,etc. probably 1mm thickness.

(Oh no, now I'm going to have to look into repurposing some stones)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those turned out great! I think you may find a lot of us following in your footsteps! So glad you chose the classic cable chains! I definitely think that is best with the style pendants you had made!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much everyone. I looked at all the stock settings and nothing called out to me.

And I simply can't stand rabbit ears... maybe they serve a purpose, but I don't care for them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only suggestion to anyone who wants the pendant copied or something similar based off of it: give Ilya a shot at making it. I couldn't stress enough at how responsive and easy he was to work with. I am easy going by nature and generally not picky so maybe we both clicked. He made exactly what I described using the inspiration I sent him, but for instance, the space between the miligrain and the pendant-- how the halo is airy-- that was Ilya and when I saw it, I thought "oh, yes, exactly, love that"... so even in the slight details, he did something I didn't ask for and improved the idea.

I did most of my contact with him through Etsy: Ivy and Rose Vintage

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only suggestion to anyone who wants the pendant copied or something similar based off of it: give Ilya a shot at making it. I couldn't stress enough at how responsive and easy he was to work with. I am easy going by nature and generally not picky so maybe we both clicked. He made exactly what I described using the inspiration I sent him, but for instance, the space between the miligrain and the pendant-- how the halo is airy-- that was Ilya and when I saw it, I thought "oh, yes, exactly, love that"... so even in the slight details, he did something I didn't ask for and improved the idea.

I did most of my contact with him through Etsy: Ivy and Rose Vintage
I LOVE Ilya! He's amazing and so responsive. I've gotten a few colored stone pieces by him and always had a great experience. I love your pendant so much, congrats!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6859.JPG IMG_4458.JPG Excuse my turkey neck and sun damaged skin (always break out from the sun in Spring)...

:kiss::D

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whitewave - just wanted to let you know that I did end up sending off my diamond (actually entire solitaire) to Ilya to make into the same pendant. I just got it back this week and it is GORGEOUS! I've already received so many compliments even though I've only worn it a few days.

Thank you for posting your beautiful pendant and providing me with inspiration. I had no idea what to do with a "just ok" diamond, but have to say, this pendant really makes it look amazing. The delicate milgrain is so feminine and the shape of the halo cutouts gives it such a unique look and doesn't break the bank on needed high carat weight for surrounding stones.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!! I am so glad to hear it! Please a pic... I mean, I know it probably looks just like mine, but I still want to see it.

And, yes, I LOVE Ilya. He is so easy to work with.

I agree about the halo. With my I1 stone with strong fluro, I knew I was going to have trouble matching it, and I knew I didn't want to break the bank resetting it. But I wanted something different and pretty.

Ilya has a good eye.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results