shape
carat
color
clarity

From a bracelet to a pendant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

citygal

Rough_Rock

I thought I''d share my recent project with you all. Been a long time lurker, love the site and now have something to share! I received a very pretty gold and diamond bracelet from my wonderful stepmom who had passed away. I decided to make it into more of a piece that fits me. I know specs are important! But, I only have estimates. (insert boo here) For the pendant, the diamonds are of varying sizes. The center is .44, two are .22 and two are .11. There''s a teensie warmth there, but it looks very sparkly and white. I asked the jeweler to reset the diamonds into a prong setting pendant in white gold and voila! He even gave me compliments on the style of pendant that I asked him to create!

Here a before and after pics of the pendant project! Enjoy!

9.gif

-Lisa

goldbngl.jpg

citygal

Rough_Rock
the shiny new pendant in the box....

nwpndt.jpg

citygal

Rough_Rock
and lastly, on my neck!

thanks for letting me post!
41.gif

-Lisa

weargpndt.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY pretty! What a great idea.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous recycle. The pendant is gorgeous!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! What a fabulous project!!! I like it SO much more as a necklace and I''m sure you''ll get a lot more use out of it in that form! Congrats!!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! You're so creative!

ETA: Now I want a necklace like that. It's sooo pretty.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous. Now, I want one!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow your necklace looks just gorgeous! What a great way to recycle the diamonds to better suit your tastes!!! The bracelet was very interesting, but probably not everyone''s cup of tea, but the pendant is just a classic. The diamonds look terrific.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
great recycling project.
lovely pendant

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummo, I always love a good recycling project. It''s lovely. Great job!!!
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great idea. it''s looks gorgeous...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is soo pretty! i love it!
may you wear it in good health

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful. Now what are you going to do with the bracelet? Any thoughts about setting some other colored gemstones like garnets or sapphires in there?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great! You''ll enjoy the diamonds so much more this way!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous idea! I love the pendant - enjoy!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 10:32:01 PM
Author: pearcrazy
It''s beautiful. Now what are you going to do with the bracelet? Any thoughts about setting some other colored gemstones like garnets or sapphires in there?
I have the same question. I bet the bracelet would look great set with any blue or green stone (emeralds, tsavorites, sapphires, london blue topaz) or garnets.

I love the necklace you created -- the graduated stones look fabulous set like that.

citygal

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the lovely comments! Just helps me know that I made the right decision! I wore it out to dinner last night and got lots ''o nice feedback! Kay & PearCrazy-that''s a good question on what I''ll do w/ the bracelet. I haven''t thought about it yet. But, love the ideas you and others gave! The jeweler had actually mentioned about melting the bracelet down and using the value towards the cost of the project. But now I''m glad he didn''t! I adore emeralds and opals. Maybe one day....but I think I''m ''cut off'' from anymore jewelry purchases for this year! ha! There''s always next year....
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
citygal...I'm a little late here, but congratulations on your recycling project!

The necklace is utterly gorgeous....I just LOVE it.

Now you have a lovely treasure that you can enjoy and pass on, and wear in honor of your stepmom!

Congrats!
widget

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad that you didn''t melt it down. I think since it belonged to your stepmom you should keep it for sentimental value. Just tuck it away for now and bring it out again when you''re ready for a new project.

Enjoy your necklace!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE it!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is the coolest design. It looks beautiful.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea! It looks fabulous! The diamonds look so much bigger on your neck than they did in the bracelet too!

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Lisa, this pendant is fabulous and best of all, you''ll always have a tangible memory of your stepmom close to your heart. Wear it in good health!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome project! I love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the pendant is GORGEOUS!!!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
very nice job! I bet she would be happy to know it looks so lovely on you!

Chi

Shiny_Rock
citygal - I love your new pendant...it really is gorgeous...it reminds me of the necklace "the Russian" gives Carrie from Sex and the City...
9.gif
21.gif
9.gif

Enjoy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - that has WAY more impact as a necklace than it did as a bracelet! Great Job!!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I think its wonderful you transformed the piece into something you love. My grandmother died young and my father took the stones from her ring to make into a ring he has worn every day for decades so a little piece of her is always with him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results