shape
carat
color
clarity

Frank Darling with overpriced moissy ? Love the setting. The same stone can be purchased elsewhere cheaper. What to do?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could ask if he will set outside stones. And if so, find out how much “that” setting you want costs. What is the setting fee? See if that price, in combo with the stone you can get cheaper, is less than what he charges to provide the stone with setting.

EClove

Shiny_Rock
How much cheaper is the stone elsewhere? I bought a ring from them (LGD) and it was a good experience. I feel like their settings are really well priced and that plus their customer service would be worth a small markup IMO

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The price isn't really out of line, in my opinion.
Direct from the source is $2429 for the D-E-F colorless.
Maybe see if they'll price match?

Screenshot_20220203-124954.png

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
You could ask if he will set outside stones. And if so, find out how much “that” setting you want costs. What is the setting fee? See if that price, in combo with the stone you can get cheaper, is less than what he charges to provide the stone with setting.

They don’t set outside stones nor can their settings be purchased without the purchase of one of their stones. They came highly recommended so I am disappointed.

Looking for similar quality with a more flexible policy. Still on the fence over lab crested and moissy. Prefer to stay in the carat range. I supposed I will looks at Starsgem or similar on Etsy.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Moissanite on Etsy via Indian / Chinese vendors can be a bit “hit or miss” with colour, they tend to be more “yellow”. In a 3 carat Asscher that might be noticeable.
The price for the setting is competitive, gold is expensive. Remember too that a jeweller might charge you $200 odd to set the gem if you front up with a setting and gem.
There are a number of Etsy vendors who could recreate that setting for you but again, while it will be cheaper it might not turn out exactly as you hoped. There’s no return on custom pieces.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
The ring is gorgeous!!!! But, I think that's extremely high for a CC F1.

In addition to the one DejaWiz found for $1k less, there is another CC F1 for $1460 at debebians in the DEF range.

There is a similar setting on the C&C site, but with a smaller stone - maybe they could make one for the 9mm? I'm just throwing that out there.

The setting is pretty simple, maybe you could even contact a reputable jeweler to make and set the stone?

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

EClove

Shiny_Rock
They do price match with diamonds so it’s worth asking!

And as @DejaWiz pointed out this stone is only about $300 more than it direct from the source - and their customer service is great. I ended up wanting to trade out my stone in the 30 day window and they remade my ring for free and paid for shipping.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
The ring is gorgeous!!!! But, I think that's extremely high for a CC F1.

In addition to the one DejaWiz found for $1k less, there is another CC F1 for $1460 at debebians in the DEF range.

There is a similar setting on the C&C site, but with a smaller stone - maybe they could make one for the 9mm? I'm just throwing that out there.

The setting is pretty simple, maybe you could even contact a reputable jeweler to make and set the stone?

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Sorry, I thought the CC website was more like a $1000 difference - I can't multitask! I still think that's high. lol.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
Since you mentioned that you are going to look at Etsy and Starsgem, I'm guessing you are still shopping around. If I'm mistaken, just disregard please.

I guess it's been several years now, but I purchased an asscher ring when F1 first came out from Fire and Brilliance. I had pretty much forgotten about them because not much later I discovered PS and LT which introduced to old cuts. The ring was very simple and the stone was very pretty, just smaller than I expected (1.5 ct), so I ended up selling it. I went ahead and checked their site and they are offereing an F1 3.14 ct/9mm DEF asscher at $1,265.00. I checked the settings and they have a plain bezel setting that you might like at about the same price as FD. I know that they price-match and typically have some percent off sales on stones, jewelry, or both. I see the usual 7% on jewelry and 10% on loose stones today. I don't know how they are as a company now, but they were great when I made my purchase back then.

Forgot the links, for the stone:

The ring:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That price is outrageous. I paid $3k for a 14k white gold 7cttw [5 carat center-see avatar] from moissaniteco for a custom order.

edited: I would also contact Antique diamond jewel for a quote for a krupps cut custom order. It will be even less expensive.

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
Since you mentioned that you are going to look at Etsy and Starsgem, I'm guessing you are still shopping around. If I'm mistaken, just disregard please.

I guess it's been several years now, but I purchased an asscher ring when F1 first came out from Fire and Brilliance. I had pretty much forgotten about them because not much later I discovered PS and LT which introduced to old cuts. The ring was very simple and the stone was very pretty, just smaller than I expected (1.5 ct), so I ended up selling it. I went ahead and checked their site and they are offereing an F1 3.14 ct/9mm DEF asscher at $1,265.00. I checked the settings and they have a plain bezel setting that you might like at about the same price as FD. I know that they price-match and typically have some percent off sales on stones, jewelry, or both. I see the usual 7% on jewelry and 10% on loose stones today. I don't know how they are as a company now, but they were great when I made my purchase back then.

Forgot the links, for the stone:

The ring:

I saw the stone on fire and brilliance at slower price and emailed to see if they would price match. Thank you.

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
I saw the stone on fire and brilliance at slower price and emailed to see if they would price match. Thank you.

FYI they don’t price match on moissy. I. Am in love with the semi mount at FD. Thank indeed where I can find similar (dainty) ?

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I just saw a valentines day flyer for Moco, which stated they DO price match. May want to look into that. But I would get a quote from the etsy vendor first. That will be your least expensive route.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results