shape
carat
color
clarity

Found this at my farmers's market.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Hi
Stumbled accross this at my farmers's market.
What sounds an ok price to you?
What do you think?
She crochet the pearls on wire.

_4135.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beaders will tell you that the pearls in the necklace are not expensive and can be picked up relatively cheaply from wholesalers.

One would be paying more for the design, and time and efforts to make the necklace.

I personally would pay towards "art and craft" prices rather than "fine jewellery".

DK :))

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
the flameballs were of great quality (no pit or obvious deffect), nice color and they do not seem to be dyed (color variation in them and between them, good sign isn't it?). 18 of them of good size.
the price is $300.
Does it sound a fair price to you guys?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, however, I am not able to put a price on the piece as I am not a beader and not really into "art and craft".

It does not appeal to me as it is the style of pearls or necklace that I would wear.

Given the choice, I would rather spend 300 USD on a single pearl for a pendant, however, that's just my personal style and preference.

DK :))

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Something like this is very pretty. The price you are paying is for Artisan made. You could get those pearls cheaper, but what you are paying for is the time, effort and care that the artist put into it. That artists value is for $300 for something like that. Is that a fair price? As an artist myself I would say so. Some artists can take the same materials do almost the identical thing and charge a lot more, because people want that particular artists work. When it comes to handmade artisan goods you should decided if its worth it for you.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I've paid $300 for artistic necklaces made from beads that were not pearls. You are paying for the artist's design and time they spent making it, plus profit to make it worth their while. Plus expenses towards having the booth, gas to get to the market, etc. etc. I'd say the price is fair.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
thank you for your answers.
I am not (anymore ) a beader and thus I could not gauge if $300 was way too much.
My biggest problem is the size (choker/or just a bit lower).
then came the price.
It is a bit too much for me considering all the factors but I still love it.The flameballs were really nice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results