shape
carat
color
clarity

Found My OMG Sapphire and My Ring is Done!

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
Hello All:

Some of you may remember this past fall I posted asking for help to find an "OMG blue sapphire" for a ring. I want to thank all of you for your generous feedback, honesty, and support as I proceeded through the process. Special thanks to @lovedogs @Bron357 @qubitasaurus @icy_jade @whitewave @Rfisher @MainSequence @Lilith112 @2Neezers @Rad_Fan for teaching me so much about how to best photograph stones, how colored stones look in different lighting, and so much more!

I think the thing that held me back the most in selecting a stone was my own inability to envision the setting I wanted with any other cut except round. I definitely learned if you fall in love with a setting first, you need to make sure you understand all the possibilities that setting has. I fell in love with Yvonne's tourbillion design as soon as I saw it:

IMG_3572.jpg

It had a round cut stone and I just could not imagine any other cut working. I am sure I frustrated dear Inken to death because she had many gorgeous stones to show me but not as many rounds.

My lightbulb moment came when I took a picture of the stone I really loved (even though it was a cushion) and photoshopped it onto the setting. OMG! Game changer!

I also learned that I loved the pictures of velvety, silky sapphires, but in real life, I preferred a stone with sparkle. It's absolutely imperative that you see the stone in person. I would have never realized how I truly felt if I had not had the chance to see the stones and admire them in different settings and lights.

After my epiphany regarding cut and brilliance, everything fell into place.

I chose a gorgeous unheated cushion 1.71 ct, 6.60 mm, 4.15 mm depth. Inken's description was, "Here you are entering territory of what I sometimes informally call “Cartier” quality. The color is superb, vivid saturation, medium tone (= not dark). Perfectly clean, and the cutting is excellent...neither deep, nor shallow. Great compromise between color and sparkle. This one was recut in New Y ork from a larger gem, so the polish is very fine, too."

This is the video Inken sent me for my review:

Here are some shots of the stone:

Here she is in her presentation box:

IMG_4019.jpg IMG_4072.jpg

Here she is in the kitchen:
IMG_4052.jpg

Here she is outside:
IMG_4074.jpg IMG_4085.jpg

I was so fortunate that Inken and Yvonne are trusted colleagues and Yvonne agreed to use the stone I found with Inken for her design. Inken passed the stone to Yvonne and the design phase began. Yvonne had to rework the design for the size and shape of the stone. The waiting was difficult but she kept me informed with updates throughout.

There was some concern that the ring might not arrive before Christmas. While the project had not started as a Christmas gift, it sort of became one during the process. The concern about delivery was that Yvonne's engraver is highly in demand and at the holiday season, there can be long wait times. The finished ring actually arrived about two weeks before Christmas but I wasn't allowed to see it. The wait was even worse because I knew it was in the house!! LOL!!

Here are some of the shots Yvonne sent me of the finished ring:

VC2.jpg VC4.jpg YC 1.jpg YC3.jpg

And here are some pictures of her on my hand!!! Sorry for my dry winter hands.

In the grocery store....yes I'm the dork in the aisle taking pix of my ring. LOL!!

IMG_4438.jpg IMG_4439.jpg IMG_4440.jpg

In the car

IMG_4449.jpg

I'll post a few more as i've been told I've reached my photo limit....

Attachments

• IMG_4437.jpg
    IMG_4437.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 35

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2: Sheesh! Most definitely worth the effort. Congrats.

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
Ok just a few more pictures!

At work:

IMG_4471.jpg

Outside my office in the parking lot. I know, I know....I'm a whiz at picking glamorous locations! LOL!!

IMG_4477.jpg

More shots at the office

IMG_4493.jpg IMG_4501.jpg

I couldn't be happier. Every time I look down I smile.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers! Absolutely stunning :kiss2:congratulations!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s gorgeous...that color!!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Every picture I see of your ring I say to myself OMG! Your sapphire is exceptional, the color, cut and with your beautiful perfectly proportioned setting (love the color gold, miligraining, diamonds and engraving!), it truly lives up to your hopes for an OMG sapphire! Congratulations and wear it in good health.

voce

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: wow and congrats! It gives off such a warm and velvety vibe!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that is so pretty and a great design. Enjoy it!! :kiss2:

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
She's a beauty and congratulations! :appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh—- Love this!
Well worth the wait and time you put into it.
Enjoy!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, it’s stunning.
just the right colour not too dark, not too light. It looks amazing in all lighting conditions and that’s a rare sapphire that can do that.
enjoy your new bling.
please be careful while driving your car, don’t get distracted ok!:)

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire ring, enjoy!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So yummy! It's a dream!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa! That is gorgeous! You are going to be grinning at that baby for a loooong time!

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
I love yours much more than your original inspiration ring! :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
What was the origin of this stone? I like playing guessing games. I guess Madagascar. :mrgreen2:

mpc

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring and perfect color!!! Looks amazing in all the different lighting conditions and I love the cut! Enjoy!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful! Congrats! Totally understand taking pics in weird places cos I do that too hahahah.

And lovely nail art! I especially like the snowflakes

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It truly is OMG gorgeous. Just like @LightBright, I kept saying OMG, OMG every time I advanced from one photo to the next. This ring is truly spectacular. The color of that sapphire is amazing and the setting is incredible. I just LOVE it! Congratulations and awesome work, too. This is one gorgeous ring.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG. I like the cut so much.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your OMG sapphire! :love: It’s a gorgeous stone and it looks amazing in the setting and beautiful on your hand!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is OMG gorgeous! Congratulations and enjoy wearing your beauty!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing! I love the color, cut and the beautiful design! Totally gorgeous! Wow!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour and what a lovely design, wear it in good health always.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful color sapphire and the setting sets if off nicely. Well done!:appl:

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
Aww y'all, thank you so much for your kind words. Everyone in real life has told me how beautiful she is but I consider this community to be experts so your comments are high praise indeed!

@princessandthepear I'm a yellow gold gal. I know it's not the most popular metal right now but I think yellow and blue are made for each other.

@LightBright you're such a sweetheart. Thank you so much for your lovely words. I have Inken and Yvonne to thank for finding the stone and designing the piece. Their partnership is my good fortune.

@voce so here's the story. I moved to take a new job and move in with my Mister a month ago. My house is on the market and currently 3 hours away. I don't think I brought the paperwork on the stone with me! I tore everything up last night looking for the cert or any paperwork. I'm not allowing myself to get too worried....I'm sure it's at my house. Half of my stuff is here and half is there. My life is kind of chaotic right now. I have to go back up there in about 3 weeks. I'll be sure to get the paperwork and I'll let you know. Sorry to keep you in suspense! =)2

@icy_jade glad to know there's another "creative" photographer out there. I just found a new nail place since I moved. They have a technique of screening a design onto the nail. It's really cool. I'm calling this one "The Elsa!" :lol::lol::lol:

@natasha-cupcake thank you! I'm in love with her color too.

@2Neezers thank you! I remember your sapphire story and your shared experience was very helpful to me.

@mpc the fact that she looks beautiful in every lighting was what really sealed the deal for me. She is an amazing beauty not just under ideal conditions.

@Bron357 you're so funny! I promise to keep my ring from distracting me behind the wheel! As I was just commenting to @mpc, you're so right about how gorgeous she looks under all types of lighting. You're right, she's a very special gem.

Thanks again everyone. I'm thrilled. And now that I've completed my first project, I'm sure I'll be wanting to start another one! This is definitely addictive! :lol::lol::lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Its incredible!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results