shape
carat
color
clarity

Found Asscher, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cak170

Rough_Rock
I am fairly new to all of this. I have been looking for an Asscher Cut for my engagement ring. I have found one that I am going to see tonight. Here are the specs and price. Any feedback? What do you think? It is GIA inscribed. Please help.

Color: G

Clarity: VS1

Depth%: 65.3%

Table%: 73%

Symmetry: Good

Polish: V.Good

Girdle: Sl.Thk-Thk

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None
Price: 4561.00

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm assuming this is a generic asscher (not a Royal Asscher)? I'm not an expert, but that table looks larger than ideal even for an emerald, so I would *think* it would be much larger than ideal for an asscher.

cak170

Rough_Rock
Oh, it is not a Royal. Wish I could afford one
1.gif
What does the table mean? Is that the top of the diamond. If it is too large, what does that mean, how will it effect the look? Sorry, I am so new at this. I really appreicate it.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
It has been our experience that the best looking Asscher cut diamonds have a total depth which is deeper than the table measurement. For instance, a total depth of 68% with a 60% table. In this particular instance, it seems like you've found exactly the opposite and in our experience the diamond is likely to have a flatter appearance in terms of brilliance and dispersion than an Asscher cut that has a deeper total depth and a smaller table. In our opinion, you really haven't seen an Asscher until you've seen one cut as described... We've had customers tell us that they don't like the Asscher cuts that they've seen in stores and then get confused when we show them an Asscher that has been cut as described above... It's like a completely different stone, we suggest asking the seller to show you both ends of the scale in terms of the proportions described here so that you can decide which you prefer. By the way, they are readily available with Excellent polish and symmetry so you might ask for that as well... Best of luck with your quest and best wishes for the creation of a wonderful moment!

gia12324161_ring1.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
What's the ct weight?

I honestly don't like too much the #s you've posted. The table is too large. Stick with 54% to 62% max... It will be MUCH better
1.gif

BTW, Royal Asscher's aren't THAT expensive (at least here in Europe)... Have you called a dealer?

cak170

Rough_Rock
ohh, sorry. 1 carat. The thing is, I have never seen an Assher up close, that is why I was going to look at this one. What does an avg 1 carat G, VS1 Royal Asscher run?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Here's an Oldminer quote from an earlier thread that will give you an idea of Royal Asscher proportions:

"The Royal Asscher is a trademark protected name and cut style. It has 74 facets and has a royal crown laser engraved on the girdle. The depth is 70% in gneral and varies from 65% to 72% depending on the rough and economic considerations. The table can be anywhere from 53% to 60% for the same reasons."

And this really hurts me to post, but here's the definitive Asscher thread located on another site. Great picture of what a Royal Asscher looks like.
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14639&highlight=asscher

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
oooooh!
i can answer that!
1.gif

the Royal Asscher you asked about would be between 9k and 11k. This is a huge range. But I am looking for the exact same thing, and this is the price range I found (by the way the 11k price we were able to take down to 10k).
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results