shape
carat
color
clarity

Fortunoff New Chandelier Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *love* Chandelier jewelry..the earrings and necklaces..in fact hope to wear something very pretty and basic for my wedding, something like a clear topaz or similar...dangly earrings and a simple necklace since my hair will be up and my dress very simple slip dress with a short train.

Fortunoff just sent me a promo email and they have a bunch of new designs:

http://www.fortunoff.com/dept.asp?dept_id=1069140

Lovely!! I can''t decide!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I love chandelier pieces, especially very Art Nouveau-looking ones. Unfortunately, I look really funny with dangly earrings so I can only admire them on others.
8.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky for me, danglers are most flattering. While I love my diamond studs, I almost feel they get lost on my head (well we can rectify that with an UPGRADE!!!). But I love the chandeliers and danglers....as long as they are classy and not overdone, they really flatter my neck column and shoulders when I wear strapless or similar dresses. Hence me wanting to get them for the wedding, esp since my dress will be strapless or spaghetti.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I *love* the diamond strand and the diamond chandelier!

What do you think of Fortunoff's prices and quality? I know nothing about either.

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Jennifer miller has some beautiful chandelier earrings and necklaces. Their website is jewelsbyjen.com. They aren't expensive--its all costume jewlery.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh thanks Kell I will have to check them out.

Fancy..Fortunoff I think has offline offices in NYC? Anyway I think they are somewhat like a Blue Nile in terms of recognition and types of inventory. I don't know if their quality would be as good as if you built something yourself, but for pieces like these and at the lower priced points..I'd be fine with buying these. I am eyeballing the beautiful lighter green tourmaline chandeliers on the 2nd or 3rd page of the link I posted..that would be amazing for the wedding. Necklace..hmm.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

This is just a detracting note from someone who NEVER bought a piece of ready-made jewelry! Ok, maybe I would like some, but the thrill to source the materials, make up the design and thrill my jeweler with a piece of improbable engineering is too much to pass.
9.gif

Anyway, I don't know how much time you have to play with this, and also know that since the latest Oscars 'chandeliers' are all the rage, but I would give a thought too to all those great gems which may play diamond for a night and a (small) handfull of money. Not to offend all diamond lovers, but a pair of great, white, lovely pear cut zircons (not zirconia, for gems' sake) dangling from a pair of larger button pearl studs would make my day anytime. Not to mention the potential matching accesories. As you might now, zircons approach diamonds in optical properties, but are rather soft: this is why I think of them for use in jewelry only occasionally worn. These stones are really dirt cheap and sparkle all the way... However, this is just my penny, as they say
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results