shape
carat
color
clarity

Forever indebted To Pete Tain and Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I contacted Quest by email shortly before I left for Chicago about my OMC ring. I only briefly touched on what happened, as I didn't want to type out the whole thing with pics if they couldn't do it. I also told them, as much as I wanted to hear they could do it, to please not say so if they weren't sure, I'd been through enough.

Pete emailed me the day before I left and said he would need pics. I told him I'd send everything when I got back, and held on to that shred of hope during my trip.

Got back and sent all the info and pics to him, at which point he called me. It was doable!
36.gif
(at that moment I told him he was my new best friend
9.gif
) He was quite the gentleman on his observation of the other jewelers "work". Basically he said it looked a lot different between the before and after shots. Yes.... He did kind of offer an explanation as to what the guy might have been thinking, but I think he was being more kind than anything.

I sent the ring off, and as most know, it took way longer to get there than it should have. But I'm tellin ya, Quest doesn't mess around! They started on it Thursday morning, and called me mid-afternoon to tell me it was done! He had told me it would not take that long, but it was hard to believe he could undo everything in that short of a time. (Interestingly enough, prior to receiving the ring, I told him to keep it as long as he needed. He replied that holding onto something for very long wasn't a good thing. That meant mine wasn't being paid attention to, and other pieces were taking priority over mine. Wow.)

I can't thank Pete enough. And I wish I could truly convey the impression I got of him just over the phone. The best way to describe him is with a humble confidence. He was quite certain he could fix it, but not in a cocky way at all. And once it was done, he said what a beautiful ring it was, and that it looked beautiful with the new work. But from other things he said, I could tell that he wasn't truly going to be happy with it, until I was happy with it. In my opinion, THAT is the mark of a true jeweler. I don't think I've ever been moved to say this about someone I've only spoken to a couple of times on the phone, but what a sweetie. Really.

He couldn't "patch" the gouge, so he had to redo all the milligrain, but did it without having to take the diamond out.
36.gif

While part of me is kinda sad that the ring is not totally "old" like it was, the fact that he did such a beautiful job (and that he could do it at all), makes up for it.

SO, without further ado, the ring.
5.gif

NOMC5400.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

NOMC5402.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

NOMC5403.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

NOMC5458.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This looks oblong, must be the angle.

NOMC5466.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice crown shot.

NOMC5180.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one and the one before help show the smoothness of the insides.

NOMC5420.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

NOMC5342.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy to be together again.
face23.gif

NOMC5475.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The new milligrain doing it''s stuff from afar.

NOMC5258.JPG

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!!! Pete did an AWESOME JOB!!!!

I have spoken to Pete a couple of times on the phone and YES, he is fantastic!!!!!

Congratulations
MWG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
And close up.
30.gif

NOMC5308.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
In closing, I can''t say it enough, THANKS Pete!

NOMC5394.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I almost forgot. THANK YOU, to all who made suggestions on who could fix this, I really appreciated it! And to all who offered sympathy as well, you helped get me through this. It was not fun....

MWG, yes, he did do a fantastic job, and is such a great guy.
36.gif

BTW, if the box looks "off", it was before too. I think the new edge just elaborates it a bit. But only in pics.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
I''m happy that you''re happy.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 12:02:33 PM
Author: Harriet
Ellen,
I''m happy that you''re happy.
36.gif
Thanks Harriet!

I''m happy you''re happy I''m happy.
9.gif
25.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen dear,
You know what? I saw that coming.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*cracking up*
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooohhhhhhhhh, Ellen.........YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!

I''m SO delighted it''s been properly restored. WOW, I cannot get over the amazing work they did.

It looks *DELICIOUS*.

Wear your baby in good health!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That turned out beautifully Ellen!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing and breathtakingly beautiful! I am so happy for you!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Glad your baby is well again, and back home where it belongs!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Ellen. I''m just so happy they came through for you. I have always found them to be such a pleasure to talk to and work with myself. I''m just so thrilled you have your baby back. it looks fantastic!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj, Sundial, dianne, Sharon and mrss, thank you all so much. He really did do such an amazing job, I am tickled pink.
5.gif

Sharon, you can change you av now if you want.
9.gif
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 12:52:08 PM
Author: Ellen
Alj, Sundial, dianne, Sharon and mrss, thank you all so much. He really did do such an amazing job, I am tickled pink.
5.gif

9.gif
2.gif
HI:

HAHA! I was just thinking the same thing--now you are happy
9.gif
again...

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 12:54:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 6/23/2007 12:52:08 PM
Author: Ellen
5.gif

9.gif
2.gif
HI:

HAHA! I was just thinking the same thing--now you are happy
9.gif
again...

cheers--Sharon
LOL! Yes.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellen,
It looks terrific, so happy for you!!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, I''m a verklempt after reading this and seeing the photos...I just knew someone good could fix this and Pete did a stellar job! I''m SO HAPPY for you woman!I can feel your beaming joy through your posts. And the ring looks as good if not better than before it was given to "He Who Shall Not Be Named"...The milgrain looks very even and very nice. And you know, I wouldn''t be too sad it''s not "original", I mean, look at it like you getting a filling or a facial - you''re still YOU, only slightly mo'' better, right?! GORGEOUS! I''m so pleased it worked out.

One thing though, for those of us with antique pieces, could you share Pete''s contact info? And I''m not sure if you ever told us who did the "last job" but I sort of would like to know so I never consider using them. Thanks dear! I know you''re going to be spending the day bonding with your ring. Enjoy!
9.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen,
I''m so glad everything worked out. It looks marvelous!

And I''m glad to hear that you had such a good experience with Quest. I have a family heirloom that needs to be restored, and Quest is one of the places I''m considering (esp. since they''re nearby). I''ll definitely be making an appointment to talk with them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Yay Ellen!! Dare I say it almost looks *too* good? ;-) And I say that with the warmest of hearts, very good Pete!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results