shape
carat
color
clarity

for Yssie (and all the other animal lovers)

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Who doesn't love to brag about their kids, be they two-footed or four-footed! Yssie, here are a few more of some of my babies.

I know there are other precious babies out there, anyone else care to share?

sisters.jpg

sisters2.jpg

stinky.jpg

de' baby3.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE!!!! :love: :love: :love:
Okie_girl, they're truly precious!

My baby boy is asleep beside me right now and I'm all for sharing pics like a proud mama :D He's only 7 months old now, but he's huge. He has grown like a weed in the 3 months I've had him.

Image10112011151118.jpg

Image10102011102813.jpg

Image09272011150734.jpg

Image07132011175209.jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Wakingdreams, he's adorable! He's going to be a big guy. And so handsome! What is it about the computer? Mine love a laptop, too. Or an open suitcase.

almost everyone.jpg

callie_n_charlie.jpg

R.D. Sweeney.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Wow, your fur-baby family is huge! Your home must be so warm and loving! :))

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute kitties, Okie_girl and Wakingdreams!

We have two cats and one of them always lays down on our books when we're reading. She can't go without attention for too long, apparently.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
All of your furbabies are just gorgeous. What a treat to see them!

When I found Joe Don as a tiny tiny kitten hiding under my car, I'd already had Meat Loaf for several years & was worried there might be big rumbles. Not. ML should've been a girl; he mothered JD all the way to adulthood. Here they are then:

Buck was 6 when we got Charlie (she, 9 weeks). He rolled over immediately & let her be Boss Man. Still allows her to bully him shamefully 8 years later. Here they are, too, then:

Charlie & Buck.jpg

ML & JD nap.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE looking at all your furbabies!!! Ours had a stroke two months ago and we had to put him down. I still look for him at times and sometimes I think I can hear him talking to me..

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I'm tempted by cats sometimes... but I know my pups would never allow it. Okie - I'm incredibly impressed by your set up - Its like cat-heaven.

Pups1.jpg

pups2.jpg

justice.jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Waking, yes, there's always someone to pet around here!

JewelFreak, that picture of ML and JD is precious! And Buck and Charlie are adorable, too. So funny that both of the older ones let the babies run right over them.

Amber, I'm so sorry about your cat. I know how hard it is to lose one. I still miss my Stuie, and he passed away 2 years ago. However, now I smile when I think about him, so time does make it better.

LJL, I think the trick is to get the cats before you get the dogs. My dogs came into this house with cats already here, and the cats quickly let them know who was in charge! It's kind of funny to see dogs at least 4 or 5 times bigger stop dead in their tracks when they see a cat. Your pups are gorgeous, and look very sweet. My setup is pretty good, but here's what I would LOVE to do:

cat's house.jpg

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
That pic reminds me of the Garden State hamster set-up,if you get the reference.
Seems like it would take quite a bit of commitment (not to mention $$!)... A girl can dream though, right?

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Ha, LJL, yeah, it does kind of look like the hamster set up! Not only would it take $$ and commitment, but would probably make the resale value of my house take a nose dive. But, zackly, a girl can dream.

Zoe, one of mine has a thing for the crossword puzzle. I think he thinks I am merely staring at a piece of paper, and I may as well be staring at him.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's an intense set-up! Aleister would LOVE that, but still mess with everything he's not supposed to.
Jewelfreak, WOW, your dogs are gorgeous! And your kitties too, so precious!
LJL, your pups make quite a pair. Beautiful!!

Question for the multiple cat owners: how was introducing a new cat into your home for you?
I've been thinking about getting Allie a playmate, but I know how territorial cats can be... but all of your multiple cat homes appear so warm!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Waking, this is a crappy answer, but it just depends. Depends on the personalities of the both the older cat and the newer cat. In my experience, there's always a little upset when a new one comes home, but it usually dies down after a couple of days. When I got Orphan Annie, the black cat in the first picture, she was very, very ill at the time, and had to be secluded. I kept her in a separate room for a couple of weeks at least, and it actually worked out pretty well. The other cats knew she was there, and had a chance to get used to her a little bit before she was out amongst them all. Amelia (the siamesy-stripey cat) was probably about 4 months old when I got her, and she has such attitude, she just made herself right at home. One of my cats can turn on a dime- be sweet as sugar one minute, next minute, he'll rip your face off. Some of the cats are leery of him, but not Amelia. She doesn't take any crap off of anyone! For the most part, mine get along pretty well. If they don't (with the exception of psycho kitty) they just ignore each other.

Long story short, yes, they can be territorial, but they can also be best of friends. If you have boys, make sure you have them neutered!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I've had the same experiences as Okie in bringing in additional cats. I've done it several times over the years -- if you keep the new one separate for a few days, maybe as long as a week, the others know he's there & aren't blindsided when you let him into the rest of the house. Cats most of all do not like surprises.

Mostly they end up getting along fine. Some hissing & huffiness initially but it settles down. In the only case where the resident cat never stopped HATING the later one, they simply ignored each other the rest of their lives. Never any fights.

A lucky coincidence when I found Joe Don: he was SO tiny, only about 5 wks old per the vet, I was worried the dog would try to play & hurt him, as well as Meat Loaf being a problem. I put him in my study in a wire dog crate & let Buck & Meat Loaf come in to get acquainted. Did this over 2 or 3 wks until he was big enough to take care of himself if needed -- but it worked beautifully. ML & Buck got to know him without being able to touch him & JD was fascinated with them. By the time I let him loose he was already established in their minds.

Joe Don in his condo. Toys, blanket, litter box, food & water -- I could've moved in! When I was at the computer he got out to play & cuddle with me -- so weeny, he stretched out on my hand to nap while I typed & I couldn't even feel him there. Who would dump such a baby?

--- Laurie

P.S. LJL, you have a Siberian pup!! Batten down the hatches! Is it your first one? Info about living w/them here -- they are NOT like other breeds & need special knowledge or you'll lose them: http://www.SHCA.org

Image1.jpg

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelfreak,
The older of the two is also a Siberian - she is actually the smaller one's mom! So crazy how they can look so different. We had five in the litter and none of them looked the same or like the father. People don't believe that she is a purebred because shes so small but shes 35lbs which is within the acceptable range and very lucky for us, I think! I'm assuming yours are Siberians too - so tough to tell sometimes - yours look quite wolfy (and beautiful!).

I think we'll be okay with our little one. They are currently wrestling on the couch next to me. What I'm not looking forward to is 2 people, 2 dogs in one bed. :???:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Yeah, no one will let me get another cat for a good few years, but that doesn't stop me from looking.
And of course, while checking the same shelter we adopted Allie from, I find the girl version of him. 8)

Btw, your Siberians are truly mind-blowingly gorgeous. If I would ever have the means to take care of and desire for a big dog, a Siberian would be at the top of my list. Now, my crazy @$$ checked the same shelter... they have two siberian females awaiting their furr-ever homes. Damn. :lol:

Lacey.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
adorable fur babies!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, everybody's furbabies are soooo cute :love:

Here's Milo and Mitsy. One pic of Milo as a baby, Milo helping his dad play PS3 (this pic cracks me up!) and Mitsy. Mitsy is doing wonderful and even gained half a pound! (she's now 4lbs)

n609819399_1674699_1109.jpg

CameraZOOM-20110917122343.jpg

CameraZOOM-20110821160846.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111008173305-2.jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Waking, that baby is adorable! I think Allie would love her....

Sparkley, Milo and Mitsy are precious. Looks like they are as spoiled as my babies are. I'm happy that Mitsy is doing better!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie - I'm so late to this thread! Your family is SO precious - and that is a sweet setup :bigsmile:

One of ours insists on crawling into everything too - suitcases, laundry piles, cupboards, you name it. I'm terrified he'll sneak into the dryer one of these days, I triple check before ever turning it on!

And I WANT that setup. WANT. Somehow I don't think DH would go for it, they insist on jumping on his shoulders as he walks past bookshelves as it is ::)

WD - wow, he is beautiful! And HUGE!! We brought in a stray, and I was really worried about how our boy would take it - he's 15lbs and not exactly the friendliest of creatures when it comes to strangers - people, other creatures, objects... he growled at our new bed for *days*. We introduced them really slowly - kept them in separate rooms for the first month, stopped washing our hands and changing our clothes between rooms after that, put up double screens so they could see and smell but not touch... eventually the stray just escaped one day and the other two left her strictly alone, so we decided to take that as a good sign and leave well enough alone! Now they all huddle and cuddle and groom and it's SO cute :appl:

Laurie - awwwww that's such a cute story and pic ::) And your dogs are really lovely. I wanted huskies as a kid - don't know why. I guess I saw a photo somewhere and fell in love! The whole Australian-summer Winter-coat thing never registered, somehow...

LJL - eeep, *look* at those blues!! :love: :love:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
So everyone says the same thing, give them time, seperate, and all should be well, and if not they'll just ignore each other. Alright, that works, except SO laughed at me when I said we should get another cat for Aleister to play with. In a couple years for sure though. Thanks everyone!
Yssie, do you have any pics of your fur babies?

I have to mention this somewhere on PS. I lit a candle while Allie was sleeping. Faux pas #1, I forgot about it. Allie woke up, I heard some stirring behind me and then saw that he was trying to figure this oddity out. I thought it was cute so I took a picture... then I noticed that he singed his eyebrows. I guess in cat history they were never programmed to avoid fire... ridiculous cat. Now they need to grow back and he looks ridiculous. :lol:
Of course I'm glad he didnt set himself on fire. I blew out the candle and he tried to eat it... lesson clearly not learned.

Image10212011220312.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1320183775|3051977 said:
So everyone says the same thing, give them time, seperate, and all should be well, and if not they'll just ignore each other. Alright, that works, except SO laughed at me when I said we should get another cat for Aleister to play with. In a couple years for sure though. Thanks everyone!
Yssie, do you have any pics of your fur babies?

I have to mention this somewhere on PS. I lit a candle while Allie was sleeping. Faux pas #1, I forgot about it. Allie woke up, I heard some stirring behind me and then saw that he was trying to figure this oddity out. I thought it was cute so I took a picture... then I noticed that he singed his eyebrows. I guess in cat history they were never programmed to avoid fire... ridiculous cat. Now they need to grow back and he looks ridiculous. :lol:
Of course I'm glad he didnt set himself on fire. I blew out the candle and he tried to eat it... lesson clearly not learned.

That's hilarious :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I do, probably thousands! But they're all on my home computer - will def post later, I love these sorts of threads ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all of the PSer's beautiful furbabies! :love:

We introduced 3 new cats (Francesca, Bobby and Tommy) to our one remaining adult cat (Fred) about 2 and a half years ago (after our darling dearest Billy died) and as other posters wrote there was some hissing, swelling up of the tail and overall ill humor but it all calmed down after a few days and within a week of introduction they were all best friends. We didn't introduce all 3 at once. It was over a period of about 6 months I think.

They love each other so much (Fred is about 8 and Tommy is about 4 and Frankie and Bobby about 3) and are definitely happier together than apart. They were all rescues but I think it was they who rescued us after our darling Billy had died. But I digress. Here are some more photos of my furbabies...

FrancescanTommy.jpg

tommynbobbyinsink.jpg

bobbyinsg.jpg

fred.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to leave out Billy...

(3rd and 4th photos down are of Frankie)

BillyFreezer.jpeg

billy.jpg

Frankie At Sunset(2).jpg

P1010789.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy those are awesome pics! I love the last one of Frankie :naughty:

Um. Was the freezer one of his usual haunts? How did he even get up there? :-o

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few more...I can't stop! :cheeky:

Thank you for such a great thread Okie Girl!

ETA: the first and last photos are of Billy after he got sick and started looking a bit peaked. Still full of personality though...

IMG00004.jpg

fred.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.png

P1010727.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1320186880|3052028 said:
missy those are awesome pics! I love the last one of Frankie :naughty:

Um. Was the freezer one of his usual haunts? How did he even get up there? :-o

Thanks Yssie!

LOL, all I can say is our Billy loved loved loved to eat and he had a personality even bigger than his appetite! I know everyone feels this way but Billy was so special. He was the cat who thought he was a person. Seriously. :bigsmile:

He just jumped into the freezer when we were visiting my mom's one day and she had opened it to freeze more food. As you can see my mom loves to cook and she freezes lots of stuff so she can bring it to her kids and grandkids. I guess you can say my whole family really appreciates food!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We tell ours we got them from the bargain bin. It's kinda true - they were off-season kittens, and the shelter gave them to us half-off. The tortie girl Gretta is the sweetest cat I have ever, ever met - but it has to be said, she's definitely not the cleverest of creatures ::) The big black one is Garett (he's a lot bigger than the other two now, the one pic is old!), he's - interesting. He adores what he knows, and loathes what he doesn't, and makes it very clear either way! He'll sit on DH's lap and groom DH's scruff for as long as he lets him :bigsmile: Mina (the white tabby with the moustache) is all Cat. Not very sociable yet, not like the other two, but we're working on it! She's come SO far since we picked her up off the streets two years ago. The grey tabby - the one in my PS pic - is my parents' cat.

5MINA.jpg
1GG.jpg
7GG.jpg
6ALL3.jpg
4Flea.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, your cats are all so beautiful!! Nothing bargain basement about them at all!!
They all look super sweet! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, our three definitely are! And my parents' - well, he is when he wants to be 8) :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results