shape
carat
color
clarity

for Yssie (and all the other animal lovers)

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Yssie! Glad you made it! Thanks for sharing pics of your babies, I love the one of all three together. They look so sweet. And spoiled. :bigsmile: My set up is a little crazy, but it works out pretty well. Several different levels, so there's plenty of room. I've got a dresser that is probably about 4 and a half feet tall on the other side of the room, and the top of it is another favorite napping place. My Amelia (or Stinky Pinkleton, as I often call her) loves to jump on my shoulders as I walk by. So I can sympathize with your husband.

Waking, I'm telling ya, two cats are really no more trouble than one cat. Just sayin.... And, I've learned the hard way to never leave a burning candle unattended. Singed tails! Hope Allie's eyebrows grow back soon.

Missy, your babies are adorable, too! What sweet faces. But that Billy...I can tell he was one in a million. It's so funny to me how they all have different personalities, and I love all of mine so much. (and I know what you mean, mine were all rescues, too, but it is they who have rescued me). But, every now and then, one comes along that is just so special. Mine was my beloved Stuie. He was the type of guy that always wanted to be where I was. Not necessarily in my lap, but just in the room with me. I work from home, so every morning when I'd walk down the hallway to go to work, he would race me to get in my office chair before I got there. Many's the day that I spent perched precariously on my chair because Stuie had beaten me to it! He and Orphan Annie had a very special bond, too. She's a bit on the feral side, so she really had a hard time when he died. It's been 2 and a half years, and I still miss that boy.

Stuie.jpg

Stuie and Annie.jpg

Stuie and Annie 2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuie was a beauty okie! The black and the white together is so striking - and I think I see tongue in the last pic :Up_to_something:

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Yssie, I sure thought he was a handsome guy. And yes, ha, you see tongue...I'm telling ya, those two were in L. U. V.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
[Psst Yssie come see my new diamond in SMTB! ::) ]

And pretty kitties!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie, your kitties are beautiful! Stuie was a good lookin fella!!
LOL on the office chair thing. Frankie does that to my dh whenever he works from home and I gotta tell you it is the cutest and funniest thing to see. My dh working at home and sharing the chair with Frankie...LOL.

I know how it is to be still missing them years after they have died. :((
Billy's brother Butch (a red alley cat who died of an aggressive form of cancer when he was about 7 in the spring of 2001) was another special soul and I still miss him terribly. He was so darn smart!

Thanks for starting this thread Okie.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Everyone has such adorable furbabies! :appl:

Here's Belle guarding the Halloween candy:

photo (14).JPG

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Missy, my pleasure! Thanks for sharing your precious babies. You know, as much as I miss Stuie, I wouldn't change a thing. The pain of missing him is so worth the happiness he brought to me. They do leave a little hole in our hearts, though.

Dreamer, I took a peak at your new diamond, what a deal! It's beautiful!

QueenB, Belle looks like she is taking her job very seriously! What a sweetie. Thanks for sharing her picture.

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
Okie, I almost had a heart attack when I saw your beautiful kitties! They look so much like mine!

CIMG2170.jpg

CIMG2171.jpg

:D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belle is such a good girl!! I cannot believe she didn't touch the candy. :halo:

Zappy, your kitties are beautiful!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Zappy! They do look so much alike! What are your babies names? They are adorable, tell me about them.

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys! I think they are pretty myself! =) Their names are Sammy (the Siamese) and Pogo. Pogo liked to jump using all fours a lot when he was a kitten so the name is very fitting. :bigsmile: They are from the same litter! My mom was feeding two wild stray female sisters and they both had kittens...it was overwhelming. We brought all of the kittens inside so we could fix them and find them homes. (The mamas were trapped and fixed as well.) She had a really hard time finding good homes for all of them because we didn't post signs or use Craigslist or anything. Soo..I took two!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Good for you and your mom, Zappy, for getting the mamas fixed and finding homes for all of the babies. I'll bet it was a madhouse with 2 litters of kittens! Nothing is cuter than a bunch of kittens, although I'm sure they tried your patience at times. Sammy and Pogo look like they have it made in the shade.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie_girl|1320505803|3054569 said:
Good for you and your mom, Zappy, for getting the mamas fixed and finding homes for all of the babies. I'll bet it was a madhouse with 2 litters of kittens! Nothing is cuter than a bunch of kittens, although I'm sure they tried your patience at times. Sammy and Pogo look like they have it made in the shade.

Ditto!! You and your mum did a wonderful thing Zappy :bigsmile: re-homing cats - even adorable squirmy kittens - is not an easy task, especially if you don't have a bigger organization's support! And *two litters* - that must've kept you busy 8)

Your two are gorgeous ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results