shape
carat
color
clarity

For your eyes... and for those who seeks for an OEC!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
stci said:
Just want to let you know about this beauty!

Center stone : 2.25 ct, H-I color, VS2 clarity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280557173169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

stci - I am going to say this as delicately as I can think of, keeping in mind I do not have a horse in this particular race.

When you post up active auctions, you are not only posting to the active PSers you know here, but effectively to all the thousands of lurkers, and the whole internet too.
*If* I was someone who had a bid in on this ring, and was hoping it would stay below a particular price - than it was posted on PS and suddenly there are 3 new bidders and the price gets pushed way beyond what it would have gone to otherwise - I would be very upset. :nono:

I am not saying you don't have the freedom to post whatever you please, but perhaps you can at least consider constricting it to complete auctions - or posting replies with links when people specifically are asking for help finding an old cut.
You may not have noticed, but etiquette on PS did previously dictate that people usually keep these kinds of auctions to themselves, just in case of the reasons I've mentioned.

I hope you take my post in the way it was intended - just something to consider before you post, is you may be taking away somebody's chance at owning their dream diamond..
Again, I am not speaking personally.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I don't find it inappropriate for people to post links to share promising "goods" out there, regardless if I am bidding on it or if I am thinking of buying them.

Several other posters have shared beautiful diamonds for sale by multiple online sources from outside EBay, and that to me, is no different than sharing link to Ebay goods.

The market is a market, regardless of how much you want to keep the price to your "dream level ", others have just as much right to access and influence the final outcome. You can sell it as "etiquette" but ultimately, it is a free market and a free world that we live in.

stci

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
stci said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280557173169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

stci - I am going to say this as delicately as I can think of, keeping in mind I do not have a horse in this particular race.

When you post up active auctions, you are not only posting to the active PSers you know here, but effectively to all the thousands of lurkers, and the whole internet too.
*If* I was someone who had a bid in on this ring, and was hoping it would stay below a particular price - than it was posted on PS and suddenly there are 3 new bidders and the price gets pushed way beyond what it would have gone to otherwise - I would be very upset. :nono:

I am not saying you don't have the freedom to post whatever you please, but perhaps you can at least consider constricting it to complete auctions - or posting replies with links when people specifically are asking for help finding an old cut.
You may not have noticed, but etiquette on PS did previously dictate that people usually keep these kinds of auctions to themselves, just in case of the reasons I've mentioned.

I hope you take my post in the way it was intended - just something to consider before you post, is you may be taking away somebody's chance at owning their dream diamond..
Again, I am not speaking personally.

I'm gonna stop to post active auction.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
zhuzhu said:
I don't find it inappropriate for people to post links to share promising "goods" out there, regardless if I am bidding on it or if I am thinking of buying them.

Several other posters have shared beautiful diamonds for sale by multiple online sources from outside EBay, and that to me, is no different than sharing link to Ebay goods.

The market is a market, regardless of how much you want to keep the price to your "dream level ", others have just as much right to access and influence the final outcome. You can sell it as "etiquette" but ultimately, it is a free market and a free world that we live in.

zhu,

I find it very difficult to believe that if you had a serious bid in on something, and your chances of winning it were disrupted - you wouldn't be just a little bit upset..?

I never said it is inappropriate, and I never said stci doesn't have a right to do anything she pleases - I was simply presenting a scenario she may not have considered - please refrain from putting exaggerated words into my mouth.

It *is* etiquette, I am not selling (nor buying) anything.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
stci,
thank you for being mature enough to understand my point.

I do hope this does not detract from your enjoyment of PS in any way, as that was never my intentions.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
zhuzhu said:

zhu,

I find it very difficult to believe that if you had a serious bid in on something, and your chances of winning it were disrupted - you wouldn't be just a little bit upset..?

I never said it is inappropriate, and I never said stci doesn't have a right to do anything she pleases - I was simply presenting a scenario she may not have considered - please refrain from putting exaggerated words into my mouth.

Dear AJ,

I am sorry that you took my differing view so negatively and personally. I had no intention of putting any words into your mouth but was merely responding to what you wrote and added my thoughts to it.

And no I would not be upset that more people know about a luxury item I intend to bid on online. My chance of winning a dream diamond or luxury goods is contingent upon on how well I manage my financial resources and how I justify the purchase, not on how little or how much competition is out there for the same good. There are many more important things in life to be competitive about, buying/winning a diamond online is not one of them for me.

To each his/her own. To avoid getting upset again about this, maybe it is best to leave the monitoring of "etiquette" to the forum moderator? Just a though. :praise:

I can't wait to see your beautiful new OEC ring, I bet it is gonna to be a beauty! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
zhuzhu said:
arjunajane said:
zhuzhu said:

zhu,

Dear AJ,

I am sorry that you took my differing view so negatively and personally. I had no intention of putting any words into your mouth but was merely responding to what you wrote and added my thoughts to it.

And no I would not be upset that more people know about a luxury item I intend to bid on online. My chance of winning a dream diamond or luxury goods is contingent upon on how well I manage my financial resources and how I justify the purchase, not on how little or how much competition is out there for the same good. There are many more important things in life to be competitive about, buying/winning a diamond online is not one of them for me.

To each his/her own. To avoid getting upset again about this, maybe it is best to leave the monitoring of "etiquette" to the forum moderator? Just a though. :praise:

I can't wait to see your beautiful new OEC ring, I bet it is gonna to be a beauty! :appl:

I agree. Thank you Zhuzhu!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
The mods do not monitor etiquette, only forum rules.

As to the rest of your post.. :roll:
Again, putting words into my posts - where in my initial post to stci did I say I was upset about anything?
I was merely offering her some advice, that others may be too polite to say.

If you don't mind paying an artificially inflated price for something, fantastic - I am confident you do not speak for the majority of other vintage jewellery bargain-hunters out there. but

And perhaps let stci speak for herself? She seems to have taken heed of my advice, considering her reply.

As to the last line of your post - is this an attempt at sarcasm? The only 'new' OEC I own is the one that has been on the pages of SMTB for a couple months now. I made it clear in my first post "I do not have a horse in this race" and it is Not personal - your attempt to make it so is childish and irritating, to say the least.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
AJ's got a point. i'm not looking for an OEC right now, and i wouldn't buy from a dealer on ebay, but if someone posted a link i was watching, i'm sure i can kiss my "deal of the century" goodbye. Sure, i can try to outbid the other person by bidding higher, and sure, i can afford it, but i dont want to. Call me selfish, call me a B, but bidding on a diamond on ebay is no different than fighting over that last pair of loubies on sale. ;-) i sure can pay more if i buy elsewhere, but i want it on sale, dammit!

stci

Ideal_Rock
For one person who don't want to know where are bargain, tons of other want. In the other way, I can understand it can be annoying when you try to win an auction.

I always try to think to person who don't have tons of money cause it's my case. If I miss a diamond like this at this price, it's not fun. If someone can help me to find THE diamond it's amazing! But... I don't know... do or not do, this is the question! :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
stci said:
For one person who don't want to know where are bargain, tons of other want. In the other way, I can understand it can be annoying when you try to win an auction.

I always try to think to person who don't have tons of money cause it's my case. If I miss a diamond like this at this price, it's not fun. If someone can help me to find THE diamond it's amazing! But... I don't know... do or not do, this is the question! :bigsmile:

Stci- once it's posted, it wont really be a bargain anymore because more people will bid up the price in a frenzy, so it doesn't help the people who have limited funds! ;))

I dont think estate sellers have the best prices anyway, even tho they do have beautiful items and are usually safer. I always buy from personal sellers who just want to get rid of it for whatever reason. :bigsmile:

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
The mods do not monitor etiquette, only forum rules.

As to the rest of your post.. :roll:
Again, putting words into my posts - where in my initial post to stci did I say I was upset about anything?
I was merely offering her some advice, that others may be too polite to say.

If you don't mind paying an artificially inflated price for something, fantastic - I am confident you do not speak for the majority of other vintage jewellery bargain-hunters out there. but

And perhaps let stci speak for herself? She seems to have taken heed of my advice, considering her reply.

As to the last line of your post - is this an attempt at sarcasm? The only 'new' OEC I own is the one that has been on the pages of SMTB for a couple months now. I made it clear in my first post "I do not have a horse in this race" and it is Not personal - your attempt to make it so is childish and irritating, to say the least.

Oh Dear AJ,

No I was not being sarcastic with you. I was referring to your new OEC "ring", like you mentioned in another thread about it becoming ready in < 2 weeks?

I believed you the first time when you said you were not interested in the ring in this thread. You really don't need to emphasize it this many times.

I am sorry you find my replies to this thread to be so "agenda driven" and so "about you". I was offering a view point that happens to be different from yours, and subsquently responded to your reactions. In fact I am very surprised that my replied have gotten a rise out of you like this. I hope you are doing well other than being "irritated" by a PS member. :tongue:

Zhuzhu

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
nonsense. That whole objection is a bunch of hooey. I wonder how she'd feel if she were the seller of the item and there was a concerted effort on a popular jewelry site to keep the bids down on her item. The free market works without this kind of interference and navel gazing.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Fortekitty - thank you for your POV.

Zhu Zhu - practice passive-aggressiveness, much? sheesh..

Tradergirl - Of course, it works both ways. Seeing as you are often selling such pieces on Ebay, I can understand why you would take that stance. There is no 'concerted effort' here, just some friendly advice to a reasonably new member.
As usual, you and I will have to agree to disagree. Not all of us have gotten rich off of short, shorter, and shortest selling on the market, remember. Plus if I recall you posting in the 'bargain finds' thread, you enjoy one as much as the next poster ;))

stci - once again, I'm glad you can appreciate the viewpoint I am trying to convey. What you do with the information from here, is of course up to you.

Seeing as everyone appears a lil sensitive on the subject, I will not bring it up again.

now, I'm out :wavey:

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
stci said:

Yummy, that's one pretty ring. And little hearts around the stone.. cute.

I LIKE looking at other's finds-- especially if they're still for sale. If I was in the market, it would be nice to have feedback on something that I, too, could buy. Better go gaze at other photos of this beauty now!

stci

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty said:
stci said:

Stci- once it's posted, it wont really be a bargain anymore because more people will bid up the price in a frenzy, so it doesn't help the people who have limited funds! ;))

I dont think estate sellers have the best prices anyway, even tho they do have beautiful items and are usually safer. I always buy from personal sellers who just want to get rid of it for whatever reason. :bigsmile:

Not in this case. 3 bids (+100$) since I posted the link and pics so I think it's not always true. But.... it's another point of view!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
People snipe during the last 10 seconds. let's see how it ends in 6 hours. :naughty:

eta: stci, you remind me of my friend. she's always emailing me tons of links going, "why is it so cheap!!" (1ct diamond band for $20) and i always tell her the same thing. it's still got 3 hours.. just wait. and when it ends, she goes, "awww.. it didn't sell for $20..." :bigsmile:

stci

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty said:
People snipe during the last 10 seconds. let's see how it ends in 6 hours. :naughty:

eta: stci, you remind me of my friend. she's always emailing me tons of links going, "why is it so cheap!!" (1ct diamond band for $20) and i always tell her the same thing. it's still got 3 hours.. just wait. and when it ends, she goes, "awww.. it didn't sell for $20..." :bigsmile:

Hoooo! LOL... I know bid will increase in the last hour but for now I mean...

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I've been following this thread since I asked admin to remove my own I had in RT. I'm sorry, but $7,200 doesn't seem like a bargain to me. Nor can a lot of people budget that amount for a ring they buy on ebay.

stci

Ideal_Rock
7200$ for a 2.25 ct, H-I, VS2 is not a bargain? Heyyyyy! Would like to know where you buy your diamond jewelry girl! :bigsmile:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
stci said:
7200$ for a 2.25 ct, H-I, VS2 is not a bargain? Heyyyyy! Would like to know where you buy your diamond jewelry girl! :bigsmile:

Maybe I missed it in the auction, but I didn't see a GIA certificate to prove that the color/clarity is accurate. If I'm not mistaken, these are reputable sellers, however, there have been buyers whose diamonds where lower in either color or clarity bought from them. I'm not putting them down as I've never dealt with them and most buyers are happy with them, so I'm sure they're trustworthy.

Thank you for the offer, but I've dealt with very specific vendors and have been very happy with them and the quality of diamonds/service I receive from them. Thank you anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results